The Technician Technician IV supports engineering teams in test design, measurement systems analysis, test method validation and testing of medical devices with embedded software. This position will also lead and support lab activities such as ordering and receiving materials, organizing equipment, lead other technicians and training activities, taking inventory and coordinating weekly safety inspections.
- Performs a variety of duties in the software validation testing of medical devices.
- Work with V&V Lab Manager in the scheduling and execution of testing.
- Prepare test samples and set-up equipment to carry out verification and simulated use testing.
- Execute testing per written protocols and work instructions.
- Review test protocols and work instructions for correctness and completeness in preparation for use.
- Assist in the development of test methods, work instructions, and protocols through writing and review with engineer or lab manager guidance.
- Record test data as required, in proper formats, either manually or electronically ( e.g. electronic data acquisition and control programs).
- Responsible for the care and use of sensitive and valuable equipment.
- Must be able to correctly follow written instruction, engineering drawings, and verbal instructions.
- Works closely with engineers for assembly and testing of systems involving software or firmware, on prototypes and complete product.
- Conform to and support Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned in relation to rotation program
- 2-year technical degree; or high school diploma or GED and 5 or more years technical experience in research and development of medical devices.
- Proficient with PC computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Use of hand tools and mechanical fabrication equipment.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Flexibility with working hours. Overtime may be required as deemed necessary by business objectives.
- Testing may require long periods of sitting or standing.
- Ability to work effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Broad base of experience in the testing of electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, optical, and fluidic systems in the medical device industry.
- Strong technical skills with electronic components.
- Knowledge of 49 CFR 172.704(a) for shipping hazardous materials.
- OSHA Safety Training
- This position reports to the Design Verification Manager
Working conditions are typical of a general office and laboratory environment. May require long periods of sitting or standing. Lifting up to 50 lbs can occur. Overtime may be required as deemed necessary by business objectives.
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor