Sr Manager, Strategic Marketing - New Products
The Sr. Manager, New Products Strategic Marketing is responsible for leading and driving new product strategies and plans to meet global growth objectives. Provides direct leadership into the design/creation and implementation of launch materials for new products. Creates best-in-class marketing initiatives to increase product awareness and reach customers through new and innovative methods across the globe.
This position works closely with key stakeholders to drive new product goals and create marketing initiatives to meet corporate revenue objectives.
Principle Responsibilities (essential job duties and responsibilities):
- Develop business strategy, including market definition, planning, execution and communication plan and leads execution and implementation of new product development to include collection of customer needs, translation into design requirements, global market assessments, business case creation and global launch planning.
- Lead product commercialization activities for new products to include revenue forecasts, demand planning, coordination of promotional material, creation/update of marketing materials, sales field support, convention planning, implementation of sales training, and other related activities.
- Collaborate, align and interact with functional experts/senior executives; Sales, Finance, Operations, Medical, Strategy & Innovation, Health Economics & Reimbursement and Professional Education; partners with other departments to implement tactics and initiatives to drive growth and commercial sales.
- Build strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and key decision makers in identified market segment.
- Develop global product plans and execute the plan including customer needs analysis and gap identification, new product development and launches, product obsolescence, competitive landscape and activity, value creation and messaging, and ongoing pricing/cost management to ensure sustained profitability.
- Work closely with regional and other franchise marketing (as necessary) to develop pricing strategies for both existing and new products within the portfolio and unmet needs space.
- Lead/Develop clinical strategies to support new products, indications, clinical messaging and health economics and reimbursement.
- Develop and manage marketing launch plans to include brand strategies, market research, competitive assessments, product positioning, media plans, public relations and marketing programs, while measuring and tracking market acceptance and ROI.
- Develop and manage sales tools, promotional literature and other product-related tools geared towards internal and external customers.
- Create strategic plan for revenue growth and manage execution of tactics within budget and forecast guidelines.
- Participate in National/International sales training meetings, customer visits and other promotional events as required.
- Travel globally (30%) to support all activities relating to the franchise.
Skills and Experiences Required:
- Ability to translate current and future vision into strategies, determine executability of strategies, readiness tactics in executing strategic marketing plans for lines of business. Previous proven experience.
- Experience working broad scope strategic marketing activities including creating and articulating vision for brand strategy and new and existing product concepts.
- Experience in the development of reimbursement and clinical strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management developing strategic and measurable plans.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and make bold business decisions.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills. Able to lead meetings and complex, cross functional project teams with a focus on results.
- Demonstrated cross-functional skills and ability to appropriately assert own ideas with conviction when faced with resistance or challenge.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with coupling inventive and creative approach with business acumen.
- Customer First: Provide the best solutions for customers & patients
- Integrity: Accountable for our actions & do what is right
- A Will to Win: Compete & enjoy being the best at what we do
- One Acelity: One team executing with a global mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- Minimum 10 years experience in Medical Device industry with combination of Strategic Marketing, Product Marketing Management, Product Development, Brand Management, Clinical Sales, or Sales Management
- Minimum 10 years experience developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Experience launching new products addressing unmet needs and growing product portfolio
- Ability to travel internationally at least 30%
- Master’s (MBA) Degree
- Experience in wound care
- Experience in a global marketing role