The Principle Engineering is responsible for designing complex medical devices using advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts and identifying and evaluating new medical device product technologies for future development and commercialization. The incumbent will be working on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product as part of a cross-functional development team. Ensures that technical output of assigned projects meets quality, design, and user need requirements.
- Actively contributes and takes a leadership role in creating and disclosing intellectual property during the design and development of assigned projects.
- Contributes to the technical evaluation of new medical device technologies for potential development and commercialization opportunities. Coordinates with science team members to evaluate potential.
- Acts as a mentor to junior engineers for principles of engineering, design and development of medical devices at Acelity.
- Works effectively with research and development team members as well as team members across the organization to include but not limited to engineering, scientists, legal, manufacturing, quality, medical and regulatory.
- Provide expert level design and development for embedded systems
- New SSM therapy unit devices that maximize air leak and battery life
- Develop interfaces to facilitate IoT while designing to pertinent crypto standards
- Connected devices to measure SSM therapies showing improvement in ROM
- 60601 design for global commercialization
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical/Software Embedded Systems Engineering.
- Requires a 14-19 years experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12-17 years experience with a Masters degree. Experience should include technical project management and medical device product development.
- Some project management experience in regulated design environments - specifically medical device development, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or International Organization for Standardization (ISO) registered work experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service oriented attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Experience in Manufacturing Processes for commercial products.
- Project management experience.