Director, Supply Chain Transformation
Responsible for leading the Transformation of the Supply Chain Management group, driving continuous improvement and transformation in processes & systems, as well as overseeing Inventory, Distribution Planning and Global Supply Chain (GSC) Order entry teams. This role will report directly into the Senior Director of Supply Chain Management (SCM), will integrate and collaborate with the wider Supply Chain Management team and will also be responsible for leading and developing a team of direct reports.
- Continuous Improvement/Business transformation
- Design & implement a Business transformation process
- Liaise closely with the Planning Systems Manager who is responsible for planning systems tools (Oracle, ASCP, SO99, Data Lake, etc) and business intelligence
- Develop a process for information gathering using various lean process tools e.g. WV 7 step, process mapping, KJ, etc.
- Establish selection criteria for selecting, prioritizing & resourcing projects
- Responsible for business process mapping of all SCM processes, supported by the current SCM team, identify issues, propose & implement solutions.
- Design & implement cadence & metrics to roll up to the group
- Develop a ‘process library’ for SCM where all business processes are documented & maintained
- Be the go-to expert within the SCM organization for external benchmarking, continuous improvement concepts, techniques and standards
- Inventory Mgt – Setting, Forecasting, Reduction, Control & Risks
- Manage team of people and be responsible for the following areas
- Inventory Target setting, across distribution centres (DC’s), manufacturing locations, service centres and in-country locations
- Forecasting and budgeting of inventory, including submission, approval & tracking to the Ops leadership team
- Highlighting key Obsolescence & Expiry risk to Finance and Ops leadership team
- Responsible for the Inventory reduction program, from project proposal, approval, implementation and measurement
- Inventory reconciliation process throughout our DC’s
- DC rebalancing – re-distributing inventory from one DC to another when required
- Distribution Planning
- Manage the global Distribution planning team
- Responsible for distribution of finished goods product from manufacturing locations to the DC’s & Service Centres
- Customer Service queries
- Transportation prioritization
- Global Supply Chain (GSC) Order Entry
- Management of the Order entry team
- Responsible for order entry in the Oracle US Instance
- Commercial documentation creation
- Promise / availability dates
- QMS Oversight.
- Participate in and lead certain aspects of key system upgrades & company projects/initiatives.
- Lead, manage and develop team members through project / workload delegation, team goal and function alignment, team member accountability and developmental training or growth / stretch opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
- Ten + years’ experience in supply chain, particularly in the Planning and S&OP areas
- Six + years min at a management level
- Proven track record of Continuous Improvement projects, leading & executing is a must
- Experience in supporting, and regular interaction with senior level company executives with demonstrated influencing and relationship building skills
- Capable of deep strategic thinking with very strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities and creative problem-solving skills
- Must be highly organized, have a natural drive for results, be able to work on multiple projects / analysis at the same time that vary widely in scope, size, and type (assigned projects require the individual to formulate hypotheses, develop assumptions, gather data, build models, and analyze data with little guidance, minimum supervision and often in ambiguous situations)
- Excellent skills in verbal, written, and presentation communications to all levels and types of management
- Ability to manage team members and drive accountability and results
- Ability to lead people through a process and be able to take charge as appropriate
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Ability to completely maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Strong spreadsheet skills (MS Office applications) required. Knowledge of Oracle and Business Objects a plus. Must be able to quickly and accurately manipulate large amounts of data
- Ability and willingness to travel, work evenings and occasional weekends