Global Sourcing Professional III
Global Sourcing Professional III
Department: Indirect Procurement
Reports to: Amy Walter
FT or PT: FT
Job Profile: (from Workday, created by HR)
Updated: March 25, 2019
The Global Sourcing Professional III under the leadership of the Senior Manager will be responsible for providing strategic sourcing and procurement support to internal customers and suppliers while ensuring alignment with company objectives. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will utilize strategic sourcing and category management methodologies to achieve goals, negotiate favorable commercial terms and conditions with suppliers and provide the team with market intelligence and reporting. This individual will be responsible for the enhancement of cross-functional coordination and maintenance of ongoing communications between customers and suppliers.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
•Develop and conduct RFX’s, select suppliers, negotiate and draft contracts, ensure successful implementations, compliance, and manage supplier performance.
•Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams to enable strategic sourcing and supply management for assigned categories.
•Lead development of business requirements and draft statements of work based on category specifications and stakeholder needs.
•Develop and maintain market knowledge for the assigned categories and projects.
•Assist Managers in the development, implementation, and refinement of global sourcing strategies that result in enhanced value, cost reduction, and continuous improvement
•Resolve conflicts and disputes with suppliers using supplier relationship management strategies.
• Support key business partners in meeting the strategic needs of Acelity stakeholders, including educating customers on Procurement and Compliance requirements.
•Manage commodity contracts, Certificates of Insurance, Statements of Work, and agreement expiration dates.
•Perform ongoing analysis on current and new suppliers, including supplier risks, financial viability, supplier development and innovation.
•Collaborate with Legal Department on contracts repository requirements and negotiation of agreement terms and conditions;
• Implement appropriate supplier management processes to drive selected suppliers within assigned categories towards world class performance.
Serve as focal point for the supplier relationship and ensure appropriate engagement of business partners within KCI.
•Develop and maintain positive supplier relationships, encourage strategic alliances that improve our competitive position, and generate direct savings to the bottom line.
•Develop and continuously measure contractual service level agreements (SLA’s) in support of driving supplier performance to its optimum level;
•Work with Global Procurement management, develop, track and report on appropriate category performance metrics to capture performance results and provide input to corporate budgeting process;
•Support the training of KCI team members and internal customers on procurement best practices
•Drive customer compliance to sourcing and purchase order requisition processes;
•Management of Purchase Order's within purchasing system from requisition to payment,
•Partnering with AP, and Accounting to resolve supplier payment and credit issues;
•Travel may be required to various KCI and supplier facilities (anticipated travel < 10 percent);
•Perform related work as required;
Skills and Experiences:
- Track record of fact-based negotiation tactics
- Strong analytical, presentation and project management
- Detail oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Communication products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Analytical thinker who can pull disparate pieces of data together to form a coherent story
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative team player able to work across functions & levels in the organization
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Experience in strategic sourcing/procurement role required
- Understanding of category management processes required
- Bachelor’s Degree