Associate Event Program Manager
The Associate Event Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of planning, coordinating, communicating and executing internal meetings and events for KCI. This position requires a highly organized, detail oriented, flexible individual and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines. In addition to sound and proven technical capabilities, the role requires strong and mature interpersonal skills at all levels requiring a significant amount of collaboration throughout all levels of the organization.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Responsible for organizing and managing a wide range of events, including sales training, executive events, annual general meetings, and large staff meetings.
- Research venues, prepare Requests for Proposals and conduct site inspections, negotiate contracts, and prepare bid comparisons.
- Manage vendors and communications with all outside contacts, facilities, and partnerships
- Determine and arrange multiple concurrent program specifications including but not limited to attendee travel and lodging, function space needs and set up, meal selections, audio-visual needs, on-site and offsite events, ground transportation.
- Develop attendee communications: create event sites, registration confirmations, event reminder and final logistics.
- Manage program budget and final reconciliation.
- Travel for onsite program operation to include oversight of final program details (program materials and venue preparation), and direct program execution.
- Collaborate with team members, business partners and vendors to ensure all program needs are met, meet to discuss event details and ensure alignment, address and resolve unplanned factors in a timely manner.
- Keep current on trends and changes in the industry to improve the effectiveness as a Meeting Planner and the overall success of all meetings and events.
- Manage confidential and non-routine information with absolute confidentiality.
- Additional responsibilities as needed to ensure fulfilment of business needs.
Skills and Experiences:
- Experience with contract review, negotiation and execution
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior level and C-Suite clients.
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively internally and externally when completing assignments
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Experience with event registration platforms such as Cvent or similar.
- Ability to multi task efficiently and effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Must be a team player as well as a self-starter with excellent anticipation and prioritization skills
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate event planning experience
- Minimum of 2 years of executive handling experience
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation desired
- Experience in a corporate planning role preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however industry education is acceptable