SR. DIRECTOR GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING
This position is responsible for global leadership of the Indirect Procurement team. The individual in this position will oversee all global indirect procurement functions relted to category management and strategic supplier relationship management. This role is responsible for the management and development of a team of indirect procurement professionals and will provide coaching related to negotiation strategies and contract terms involving complex contracts in support of corporate goals. Using a cross-functional philosophy focused on the total cost of ownership, corporate objectives, and industry best practices the role requires establishment and ongoing trust with strategic business partners and stakeholders.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Provides consultation to senior leadership and representing the indirect procurement organization
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement an indirect spend strategy, managed internally or through third party providers, such that costs, and service are optimized
- Develop and implement indirect procurement strategies to reduce indirect spend while meeting internal customer performance expectations
- Provide coaching and development for all levels of the Indirect Procurement organization.
- Develop a comprehensive supplier management process that establishes metrics, monitors methods, and provides for continuous improvement of goods or services provided to Acelity.
- Motivate and influence supplier contacts as well as the stakeholders of assigned projects
- Develop and recommend process and system enhancements to improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and service levels across any indirect spend discipline
- Influence the internal businesses of Acelity to adopt the supplier management process and provide support for adapting the process to individual disciplines.
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of RFP packages for services as well as manage the negotiation, implementations, and compliance of all service provider contracts and rates
- Drive performance in supplier execution where, productivity, quality, and staffing requirements are concerned
- Identify departmental gaps in effective indirect spend management techniques and develop plans to close as necessary
- Assist in the development of Indirect Procurement fiscal expense budgets
- Provide project sponsorship and direction
- Oversee reporting and metrics to drive business optimization
Skills and Experiences:
- Works to provide a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and win-win outcomes
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Expirience in writing and amending contracts, terms and conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Intermediate proficiency with a variety of computer applications including MS Office, Visio, Project and Oracle ERP systems
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required up to 25%
- Strategic Influence
- Compelling Communication
- Driving Execution
- Insiping Excellence
- Cultivating Networks & Partnerships
- Building Customer Relationships
- Aliging Resources
- Requires a minimum of 10 years experience in procurement or similar discipline involving strategy, contracts and negotiations.
- Expirience with multi-million dollar contract negotiatiations
- Expirience with the management of multi-millio dollar supplier relationships through regular reviews, metrics and compliance.
- APICS and/or CPPB certification
- Expirience with Business Process Outsourcing
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in Business, Purchasing or related field
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor