Data Steward, Data Governance
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, an ability to focus for long periods of time, an attention to detail, and the curiosity to learn and grow in a data management role. The candidate will be responsible for consistently and accurately applying a defined set of Data Governance rules to individual exceptions. Growth opportunities will be to act as a quality assurance resource for other stewards, identify and communicate patterns in the exceptions, and create documentation on the stewardship process.
In addition to the organizational skills and detail orientation, the candidate must be able to effectively communicate (via verbal and written means) stewardship results to internal stakeholders and direct/indirect management.
Reports to Manager, Data Management
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Apply data governance rules to resolving individual data exceptions or errors.
- Make and capture decisions on source-to-source data mappings.
- Identify complex exceptions that require escalation and work with management and stakeholders to drive them to resolution.
- Organize and track exceptions in queue and be able to report on status.
- Assist management in calculating the resources and time required to address an exception with the goal of assessing capacity and providing project estimates.
- Make recommendations to improve the exception process.
- Develop an expertise in the data being stewarded that can be used to drive or enhance future initiatives.
- Act as Tier 2 support for investigating and resolving production data issues.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders and direct/indirect management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 6 months+ of relevant work experience
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders and direct/indirect management.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to focus on very detailed and repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Prior experience with Data Stewardship preferred.
- Office-based position
- No travel anticipated
- No relocation assistance provided