Senior Data Analyst, Data Governance
Senior Data Analyst, Data Governance
The ideal candidate will be able to apply their knowledge of healthcare master, reference, and transaction data to develop strategic and tactical business rules for managing data to ensure quality, completeness, and alignment with Acelity business process and goals. The candidate will leverage training in data analytics and SQL to develop an in-depth knowledge of Acelity data and use that knowledge to work with stakeholders on creating and implementing data governance and MDM rules. Driven by curiosity and a passion for data, the ideal candidate thrives in situations where they can apply problem solving know-how to understanding current state and to driving a better, more data-driven future for the business. The candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Responsible for analyzing complex data and must possess intermediate to advanced expertise in data analytics and SQL. In addition to the technical skills, the candidate must be able to effectively communicate (via verbal, written and data visualization means) data insights to internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Act as an internal consulting resource for business partners and cross-functional projects in identifying, analyzing, mapping, and documenting data elements and assets that support the business needs.
- Perform in-depth, unstructured analysis on Acelity data stores and assets to understand their content, relationships, caveats, and quality.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define how the data stores and assets can be improved, combined, sunset, integrated, and/or leveraged to meet business needs.
- Perform root cause analysis on data errors and issues and identify source, process, or person generating the errors.
- Analyze 3rd party data sources to determine fit with Acelity data and business needs including participating in RFPs for vendor selection.
- Identify data exceptions that require stewardship and work with cross-functional teams to define procedures for resolving those errors.
- Act as Tier 2 support for investigating and resolving production data issues.
- Create in-depth documentation on Acelity data stores, flows, and processes.
- Develop a close collaboration with technology partners to strengthen alignment between business data applications, implications and technical architecture.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related major. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 8+ years’ experience working with end-users and key stakeholders in data analytics roles
- Experience with Data Management business processes/systems, data modeling, and business process engineering.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to navigate large and complex data sets making insightful observations and identifying relevant patterns
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL as a power user.
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with executives and other internal stakeholders, catering to various levels of analytical proficiency
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Results oriented: Attention to detail, organized, and able to multi-task on multiple initiatives
- Intense curiosity and passion for data.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Solutions, specifically Salesforce.com, preferred
- Experience with Total Quality Management (TQM) preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Office-based (San Antonio) position OR Remote
- Travel requirements dependent on candidate work location