Veteran Affairs (VA) Sales Representative
TERRITORY: Based in Orlando / Central FL - Territory includes State of FL to Atlanta VA
The Veteran Affairs (VA) Sales position (VAS) is the main point of contact on disposable NPWT sales in the VA. The role will focus on proactively generating sales revenue from in the VA for Disposable NPWT (dNPWT). The VAS will round in outpatient clinics on VA grounds on a daily basis to make sales and generate leads for the applicable Territory. The VAS will assist with account management activities including assisting customers with PO sourcing, invoicing, credit and collection issues, as well as conduct inventory management. The role will be responsible for achieving financial and strategic goals from assigned customers. This role will mainly work in the hospital outpatient setting but will also have responsibility for traveling on a weekly basis to LTACs, Wound Care Centers, Home Health Agencies and Physician’s Offices in order to support the continuum of care for the assigned VA accounts.
Drive dNPWT Sales Revenue by:
- Identifying target physicians and clinicians (i.e. nurse practitioners, WOCNs, etc)
- Identifying and educating key influencers in the buying process
- Enabling product procurement process through VA processes
- Ensuring inventory levels to support physician prescribing
- Identifying patient candidates for dNPWT and providing clinical support/recommendations
- Presenting and reinforcing KCI value proposition to differentiate KCI from competitive offerings
2. Actively manage the sales territory by:
- Setting a territory plan to efficiently drive territory goals
- Ensuring PO process and billing and collections are actively managed at least monthly if not more often.
- Using customer education programs, tools and presentations
3 Round in outpatient clinics and other venues as appropriate and in line w/ territory plan on a daily basis to:
- Identify dNPWT candidate patients
- Make sales and generate leads
- Handle inventory management
- Ensure POs are obtained and tracked
4. Generate patient leads and provide administrative support relating to sales by:
a. Developing and managing relationships with Discharge Planners, Case Managers, and those administrative personnel necessary to achieve your goals
b. Communicate with customer personnel and educating them on the inventory management and buying process for dNPWT
c. Proactively managing patients in a HIPAA-compliant manner, including paperwork and coordination with Acelity administrative support
d. Assist with account management activities including the setup of READYCARE and KCI Express, as applicable
e. Supporting account paperwork (PO, credit, collection, invoice) matters
5. Partner with the following Acelity Sales team roles:
i. Territory Manager (TMV): Coordinate on account needs and allocate individual responsibilities. Identify and communicate in a HIPAA-compliant manner.
ii. Territory Sales Representatives (TSV): Identify and communicate transition in a HIPAA-compliant manner.
iii. District Clinical Specialist (DCS): Coordinate clinical education programs.
6. Achieve financial and strategic goals for assigned customers.
7. Adhere to all Acelity policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Complete essential business-tracking requirements by:
- Completing required corporate and region reports within designated timeframes
- Capturing and maintaining customer profile data, including data to support and update buying behavior characteristics
- 3+ years experience in health care industry sales
- Experience in inventory management
- Experience with business to business sales
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with MS office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working in outpatient clinics in VA
- Experience selling in a VA environment
- Experience in wound care