Sr Director - Application Transformation & Modernization
The Application Transformation & Modernization (ATM) position will be responsible for leading the execution of our digital modernization initiativies in partnership with our Enterprise Architecture team and in close coordination with our Commercial, Financial and Operational functions across the organization. This role will be focused on formulating migration roadmaps using a balance of risk and time to value as well as providing strategic oversight during the migration efforts. This position will be a key decision maker in aligning corporate interests with digital technology solution options across application development, data integration, digital automation, etc.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Development of technology roadmaps for identified digital modernization initiatives in partnership with the Acelity Transformation Office
- Liaise with leadership from key business functions to pair needs/opportunities with digital solutions
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team, leverage past experiences and industry trends to build framework on digital modernization and system rationalization
- Leverage Acelity IT 3rd party outsourcing partner for development of digital solution deployment plans
- Perform strategic governance and oversight on digital transformation project delivery
- Influence value proposition of future investments demonstrating expected results in financial terms
- Bring modernization best practices into Acelity’s digital journey life cycle including assisting with organizational change management of non-IT roles when required (proper product ownership, governance models, etc)
- Align quarterly objectives with key stakeholders to share in accountability and project outcomes
- Manage vendor relationships as appropriate inclusive of demonstrating the art of the possible, coordinating proof of technologies and aligning Acelity technology roadmaps with vendor product roadmaps
- Proactively anticipate and identify potential risks and issues that may impact deliverables and develop and implement mitigation and corrective actions
- Facilitate continuous improvement by leveraging our quality management framework and by using standard quality objectives for delivery
- Ensure that project teams remain focused on key objectives and goals and comply with established methodologies
- Reviewing on-going capability development, enhancement requests and working with key stakeholders to sequence the delivery of those appropriately in system roadmap
- Create Executive-level presentations selling ideas, influencing outcomes, providing status, etc
- Keep current with advances in digital technology and industry trends
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experiences:
- Led or played a significant role in a modernization program
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a complex business technology solution
- Proficient with offshore/outsourced delivery models
- Experienced in cloud native software and API microservices data integration development
- Strong understanding of modernizing mission critical applications with complex data models and time sensitive operations
- Well versed in digital design methodologies (personas, user stories, ethnographic studies, functional prototypes, etc)
- Experience with CDCI methodologies and tools
- Strong corporate networking skills both as a means to stay connected to the technology industry as well as within the Acelity organization on identifying the next area of modernization opportunities
- Facilitated senior leadership level discussions translating technical terms to business outcomes using Powerpoint and similar presentation tools as a visual vehicle for your message
- Skilled in designing a secure, SLA driven data services layer
- Worked with IoT platform(s) and are knowledgeable of the associated challenges and considerations
- Familiar with embedded analytical tools/components and associated challenges/considerations
- Preference would be for someone that has Pharma, Life Sciences, Health Care, or Medical Device industry experience; not required
- 10 years or more experience in progressive leadership roles surrounding software systems development, product development, project management, process development and resource management
- A process-oriented individual, with strong project management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured, dynamic organization.
- Recognized as a leader able to inspire and motivate others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction; skilled in the analysis and definition of organization goals and objectives, direction setting and the interpretation of goals into specific tasks.
- Must demonstrate a strong track record of delivering results.
- Must be an analytical individual who questions why things are done and applies intelligence to resolve issues.
- This will be an “achiever” personality with a start-up mentality who strives to resolve issues and roadblocks and meet goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps own direction to succeed.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Will have a strong understanding of the business and business goals and will lead to meet those goals.
- Will value people and will build a collaborative environment that promotes teamwork.
- Will have the background and style that elicits respect in the organization through management style, technical depth, customer service and results.
- Strong business/relevant industry acumen with the ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities, operations, and IT’s enablement potential.
- Must have outstanding communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work through influence with an apolitical style.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values, impeccable integrity and the energy level required to meet the demands of the position.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math
- Bachelors degree in in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math or 15 years of experience in a related field
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor