Director - IT Support Experience
The Director of IT Support Experience is responsible to ensure positive customer experiences for our users receiving IT support services. Candidates will serve as the Product Owner of our ServiceNow platform and all associated services delivered by the solution. This role serves as a primary communication conduit for IT Support activity to our entire KCI user population. The position has frequent contact with senior business leadership, customers, direct reports, peers, and independent vendors. The role is responsible for the delivery of global IT helpdesk services and desktop support for the organization’s +5000 end user population delivered under an outsourcing agreement with our strategic provider.
The ideal candidate will play a key role in the supporting of KCI’s IT transformation through the development and delivery of a strategy to drive improvements in customer satisfaction and will be the primary reviewer of Customer Satisfaction information. An ideal candidate will have experience in driving insights into our Customer Experiences with IT support, and also have the ability to identify discrete initiatives to transform our services to provide best in class customer experiences. The candidate will be responsible for the oversight and review of all services provided within KCI’s outsourcing agreement including SLA management and managing Continuous Service Improvement opportunities.
This position will be involved in the negotiation of contracts for Project and upgrade execution in the desktop environment. Will also serve as an ITIL/ITSM Process Owner for areas in the Service Operation area including Service Request/Catalog, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Event/Major Incident Management (MIM).
Principle Responsibilities (essential job duties and responsibilities):
- Oversee the operations of a global, follow the sun Service Provider Support team including review/approval of processes and work instructions for incoming requests, and ensuring all work is delivered on time and in a customer friendly way. This includes the Service Desk and End User Computing teams as well as part of the Cross Functional team.
- Defines global IT processes for Service Desk and End User Computing areas and holds third party teams accountable through regular meetings with the subordinate managers on the vendor’s teams.
- Service as Product Owner for our ServiceNow ITSM ticketing system and VITAL end user Portal. Provide strategic direction around modules to be implemented and how KCI can leverage the system to improve our IT processes and service delivery.
- Analyze data around support service delivery, identify trends, exposure GAPs, identify repeat issues, and drive KCI and Service Partner team members to improvements using TQM techniques.
- Work closely with Service Partner management personnel to ensure alignment on all developing issues and coordination of knowledge transfer for all related support activities. Review/Approve Knowledge Management articles for areas and processes of responsibility.
- Act as first point of Acelity management escalation for all business units globally for customer issues around end user and desktop support performance. Meet regularly with Acelity IT leadership in partnership with Service Provider management personnel to provide updates on Service Delivery metrics and outstanding issues; identify, analyze, document, recommend, and implement areas for services provided in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Act as first point of contact for Service Provider management escalation for all assigned support area teams. Meet with IT Leadership as required to drive Acelity responses to escalated issues impacting Service Providers’ ability to deliver contracted services.
- Oversee a contracted Service Provider responsible to establish and maintain process and procedure to manage global IT software and hardware inventory. Develops and manages logistics around the assignment, repair, and replacement of IT assets for new and existing employees to include loaner equipment as required. That also ensures accurate tracking of all end-user IT equipment
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor Acelity End-User Support personnel in areas of desktop engineering related to support and troubleshooting of end-user systems, specifically hardware platforms and software applications; this includes implementation and utilization of hardware and software for all Acelity locations within specified region of responsibility. As well as overseeing identification, analysis, testing, recommendation, and implementation of new/emerging technologies and desktop Images within the end-user computing environment.
- Oversee a performance measurement framework and facilitate a feedback system for Service Provider teams on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills to enhance the quality of support delivered on an ongoing basis.
- Act as Process Owner for assigned ITIL/ITSM areas of Service Operations including Service Request/Catalog, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Event/Major Incident Management (MIM). This includes the review and approval of processes, work instructions, and Metrics reporting performed by assigned Service Provider personnel.
- Participate in all IT projects as required; work with application development and infrastructure teams to understand project timelines, deliverables, and impact to the end-user computing environment.
- On call availability 24x7 for all issues related IT Customer Service for supported systems and applications.
- ITIL/ITSM process knowledge
- Global IT experience operating with multiple locations and time zones
- Experience working in an outsourced IT environment coordinating work through a Service Provider
- Familiarity with contract and vendor management processes
- Experience driving CSI opportunities from a data driven, TQM, Lean, etc. model
- Experience delivering OCM communications around IT activities including different mediums like emails, slide decks, and presentations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical verbiage to a non-technical audience
- Experience evaluating and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to anticipate and identify potential issues for consideration and raise them in a clear and concise manner along with recommendations for potential solutions
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and be an ambassador to the IT community
- Ability to work with multiple cultures
- Excellent technical, organizational and management skills
- 12 years in IT with 7 or more years in a management/leadership capacity
- A minimum of 5 years in a Sr Manager or Director role within a service delivery or related role
- ITIL/ITSM and/or Process improvement training or certifications
- 5 plus years in a Service Desk support environment
- 5 plus years End user computing strategy/deployment experience
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration, related field or equivalent experienceThe information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor