Associate Event Program Manager
The Associate Event Program Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and implementing a portfolio of programs, including national and regional medical education events for physicians and other healthcare professionals at an intermediate level of complexity. This position requires experience in meetings management, sharp attention to detail, flexibility, results orientation and heavy customer interaction to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Determine and arrange multiple concurrent program specifications including but not limited to attendee travel and lodging, function space needs and set up, meal selections, audio-visual needs, on-site and offsite events, ground transportation. Ensure program compliance.
- Identify program needs, establish direction, facilitate problem solving and provide value added client counselling and creative solutions pertaining to program logistics.
- Research venues, prepare Requests for Proposals and conduct site inspections, negotiate contracts, and prepare bid comparisons. Contract venues.
- Contract and oversee support vendors: Audio-Visual provider; Onsite meeting staff.
- Create and manage registration sites and attendee communications.
- Travel for onsite program operation. Manage pre-convention meeting, oversee final program details (program materials and venue preparation), and direct program execution.
- Manage program budget and final reconciliation, including internal and external reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with team members, business partners and vendors to ensure all program needs are met, meet to discuss event details and ensure alignment, address and resolve unplanned factors in a timely manner. Provide direction and support to Coordinator, creating a partnership for the success of each program.
- Working closely with Health Care Compliance to ensure adherence to AdvaMed Code of Ethics, Physicians Payment Sunshine Act requirements and Corporate guidelines pertaining to interactions with and exchanges of value for HCP’s
- Working collaboratively with corporate travel provider to arrange group travel
- Sharing best practices and demonstrating continued dedication to improving processes. Assisting in the development and any future revisions of SOP’s.
- Additional responsibilities as needed to ensure fulfillment of business needs.
Skills and Experiences:
- Working knowledge/functional expertise of corporate meetings management and event planning practices with at least three years of experience in healthcare related, medical-marketing education program logistics management.
- Professional oral and written communication skills, professional demeanor, and polished interpersonal skills.
- Unwavering customer focus, proficient computer skills, and ability to problem solve.
- Strong organizational skills; sharp attention to detail; quality focus.
- Experience with event management software/systems [Cvent, etc.]
- Familiarity with AdvaMed guidelines and Health Care Compliance requirements.
- Results driven, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Team oriented
- Flexible with the ability to drive and manage change.
- Experience traveling to manage onsite operation and program execution.
- Experience with vendor management and contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver desired results.
- 3-5 years experience with a BA or 1-3 years with MBA
- At least 3 years of experience in managing corporate meeting/event planning, including medical education and marketing programs and events and advisory meetings for physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Knowledge of Pharma Guidelines and AdvaMed Code of Ethics and experience with Healthcare compliance practices
- Basic to intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.
- Experience with professional event management software/systems [Cvent, etc.]
- Maturity to work self-directed, prioritize workload and perform with minimal supervision
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to perform independently as well as contribute as part of a team
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced environment and respond to changes with ease
- Problem-solving skills, sound decision-making and agile trouble-shooting skills are necessary.
- Experience managing program budgets and reconciling expenses
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships
- Ability to travel for management of onsite meeting operations including leading onsite staff, conducting Pre-convention meetings and collaborating with venue and vendor staff