Medical Education Coordinator
The Medical Education Coordinator (MEC) is responsible for assisting in the coordination and reporting of medical education programs and department initiatives to maximize awareness and reach in support of the overall strategic goals of the department and the company.
- Provide direct support to assigned Medical Education Managers for coordination of assigned events.
- Day-to-day logistics coordination of Medical Education Dept. national, regional and local medical education programs, projects and initiatives.
- Provide event set up in Salesforce.com, Smartsheet, SharePoint and other record keeping platforms as assigned.
- Order and maintain inventory of product equipment and supplies and coordinate shipment logistics for program needs as directed by medical education managers
- Support process supplier set-up, 3rd party vendor payments and manage assigned expenses maintaining a zero balance on corporate card and support cost record keeping documentation as needed.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of company products, regulatory guidelines, and mastery of internal processes ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Work in concert with internal departments for assigned tasks, reports and process improvements.
- Interact with health care professionals & facilities, third party vendors and industry organizations and associations.
- Support pre and post-event reports including but not limited to attendance, evaluation and other department reports as assigned.
- Help identify creative solutions for efficient operation of the team and the department.
- Other tasks and duties as needed to ensure continued excellence at Local, Regional and National Medical Education programs and department operations.
- Manage collection, reporting and archive of compliance documentation from medical education events.
- High School degree and 3-5 years of related experience in Sales/Marketing or Medical Education & Training
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with ability to adapt to different working styles.
- Commitment to ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Solid understanding of educational formats, logistics and event management knowledge.
- Ability for continuous attention to detail when performing job responsibilities.
- Ability to perform packing & shipping of equipment and supplied and safely move materials weighing 10-40 lbs.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare special reports and projects in a concentrated manner.
- Intermediate level computer skills and software applications including MS Office, SalesForce.com and. SharePoint required. Basic understanding of Smartsheet and SlideBank software platforms preferred.
Preferred Skills/Knowledge and Experience:
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, effectively prioritize and remain detail oriented
- Strong sense of collaboration and teamwork.
- Strong initiative and resourcefulness with the ability to problem solve to achieve results.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning budgets, speaker payments and company revenue/profitability results.
- Confidence and willingness to engage in challenging conversations.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Position may require work after regular hours on occasion and include travel to support Medical Education programs, conferences and department meetings.