Job Title: Collector I
Reports To: Supervisor, Collections
Collects and resolves customer accounts receivable in assigned area. Recommends improvements in the collections procedures to resolve customer and company receivable issues. Develop and maintains positive customer relations.
Duties are performed using procedures and knowledge in a certain field or area. Chooses alternatives and recommends solutions to problems of limited scope and complexity. Effects of error limited to moderate loss of time, money and/or customer goodwill.
- Notify customers of delinquent payments and collect all accounts receivable due in assigned area.
- Resolve routine customer problems to facilitate prompt payment.
- Actively participate in the settlement of disputed accounts receivable.
- Interact with Accounts Payable administration, field management and customers to aid in the collection of delinquent payments.
- Prepare investigative reports explaining the current status/trends of all factors affecting disputes.
- Identify customer account issues and recommend solutions.
- Recognize potential write offs and recommend to management accounts to be forwarded to collection agency or for legal action.
- Coordinate the implementation of designated credit limits as determined by management.
- Function as liaison between the Credit department and the field organization.
- Participate in any and all reasonable work activities as assigned and deemed appropriate by management.
- 3 years commercial collections experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic accounting skills.
- PC skills.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work effectively and exercise sound business judgment in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to participate in all required training programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of external and internal customers.