Senior Manager, Transfer Pricing
Reporting to the Director of Tax Operations with a dotted line to the Senior Director of Transfer Pricing and Cross-Border Taxation, the Senior Manager of Transfer Pricing will assist with and/or be responsible for:
the design, development, implementation and documentation of transfer pricing strategy and policies, world-wide transfer pricing compliance, global country-by-country reporting, defense of filing positions with the IRS and/or foreign taxing authorities, preparing and maintaining transfer pricing models and databases, maintaining and reviewing intercompany agreements and loan documentation, timely preparing and providing necessary transfer pricing information for quarterly and year-end close processes and assisting with the financial audit thereof, timely preparing and providing transfer pricing data necessary for periodic cash and book forecasts, partnering closely with business units to identify, assess and implement tax planning strategies that are aligned with strategic initiatives and business model, ensuring that internal controls related to transfer pricing are effective, and providing mentorship to and contributing to the professional development of tax team members.
Specific focus of each manager will be dependent upon their background, skills and needs of the tax department.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Manage Acelity transfer pricing reporting function, which includes analyzing financial ratios and economic indicators of the various group companies by function and by country, maintaining financial models on current performance, performing analysis on the longer cycle performance of functions in the structure, preparation and/or review of transfer pricing studies, control and management of intercompany transaction flows and agreements.
- Maintain improve and operate Excel and Access based data models and financial models for cost allocations, product price determination and transfer price evaluations
- Perform and maintain benchmarking analysis across the relevant functions and regions using assigned software platforms
- Assist in preparation/review of interim and year-end foreign tax provisions (ASC 740) related to transfer pricing
- Coordinate global tax compliance process with foreign regional controllers, including maintenance of relationship with worldwide advisors, to coordinate international tax return preparation and review of returns.
- Assist with the defense of filing positions in response to foreign audits and IRS
- Assess and determine the impact of complex tax projects on transfer pricing including reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, post-acquisition tax integration and other key tax initiatives.
- Partner closely with business units, including senior level leadership, to identify operational changes and assess and implement transfer pricing documentation changes and outline transfer pricing method and structure responses.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Experiences:
- Proven track record of success in the performance of financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Strong ability to learn and leverage existing knowledge and skills to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Able to build effective working relationships with internal and external advisers and external auditors.
- Expertise in international transfer pricing and/or financial and economic analysis
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong financial and data modeling skills
- Thorough working knowledge of, generally accepted accounting principles, and regulatory requirements (SOX, transfer pricing regulations)
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, shifting priorities as needed
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems
- Strong project management skills to effectively utilize company personnel and assets
- Experience managing foreign income tax or statutory audits
- Computer proficiency in a Windows operating environment including Microsoft Office Suite and specifically Microsoft Excel and Access
- Key Relationships: Foreign business unit executives and managers, corporate accounting staff.
- Command of a continental European language (besides English) is essential
- Approximately 7-10+ years of international transfer pricing and accounting and analysis experience
- Familiarity with reporting environment of Oracle and Hyperion
- CPA, Masters in Taxation and/or Law Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with CorpTax/CorpIntl software a plus
- Bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in Economics or Business Administration from an accredited university