Professional Affairs Associate Manager
The Professional Affairs (PA) Associate Manager serves an important role in supporting the PA department in initiating, monitoring, executing, and closing assigned activities related to interactions with healthcare professionals and professional medical societies /organizations such as Health Care Professional (HCP) contracting and payment, the global grants, donations and fellowship committee, advisory panels and focus groups. The PA Associate Manager will also serve as the liaison between various departments within Acelity and with external suppliers.
Principal Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Responsible for the management of Grants, Fellowships and Product donation process in coordination with the committee chair including committee meeting operations, requestor communication and budget tracking.
- Responsible for the outcome report formulation and dissemination for monthly Grants, Fellowships and Product donation meetings as well as final annual report for the committee.
- Responsible for processing timely assigned consulting contracts and Fair Market Value (FMV) letters.
- Ensures timely payment of honoraria to consultant HCPs and unrestricted educational grants according to KCI guidelines.
- Implements the understanding and application of PA principles, concepts, practices and standards of working with high level surgeons, physicians and researchers and has full knowledge of industry practices related to these interactions.
- Develops solutions to problems encountered w/ HCPs (i.e.: compliance or payment issues)
- Anticipates operational, relationship, compliance problems and recommends solutions and preventative measures.
- Works collaboratively, interdepartmentally, and across business units to accomplish PA goals.
- Work is performed under general direction, planning and arranging for activities to accomplish objectives.
- Participates in any and all reasonable work activities, as may be deemed suitable and assigned by PA management.
- Conforms to and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Represents PA and Global Medical Sciences (GMS) on teams and with HCPs.
- Works effectively on teams both internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experiences:
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Administrative support experience
- Process Improvement Initiatives
- Experience with enterprise expense management and travel planning systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Operate independently and efficiently to achieve results
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in written format
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in all business dealings
- Deal effectively with employees and business contacts and convey a positive service-oriented attitude
- Exercise sound judgment, eliciting support and cooperation from co-workers
- Demonstrated networking and coordination skills
- Demonstrated communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities with input from multiple parties
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Oracle and basic accounting principles
- Experience with Sales applications such as SalesForce.com
- Experience with KOL Database Management Software
- Familiarity with educational grants, fellowships and product donation processes
- Familiarity with clinical study research process and ability to manage investigator-initiated trials processes
- College degree
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor