Design Assurance Engineering Intern
- Learn about the Design and Development process at KCI
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities of Design Assurance Engineering
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
Follow a Design Assurance Engineer and learn about:
- Supporting new product development teams to assure the quality and reliability of new products.
- Development of Design Inputs - RTM
- Develop Quality Plans for New Products
- Facilitate risk management process
- Liaison between R&D project teams and Supplier Quality for qualification of new components/assemblies and suppliers.
- Ensure drawings/specifications are clear
- Product verification and validation
- Review labeling
- Learn about CAPA Process
- Change Control Board – Change Plans / Change Orders
- Tools: Gage R&R, Robustness, etc.
- Help in developing and completing a QP.
Skills and Experiences:
Required skills and experiences for this internship; examples below
- Enrolled in Undergraduate or Graduate program in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Computer Science or Bio-medical)
- Completed at least 2 years in Undergraduate or 1 year in Graduate
- Experience with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Undergraduate Program(Engineering) with at least 2 years relevant experience
- Graduate Program (Engineering) with at least 1 year relevant experience
Project Title: Design Assurance Engineering Intern
Project Scope and Deliverables:
- Presentation to include lessons learned regarding Acelity business structure, products, quality processes and specific lessons learned related to field of study.
- Define and fulfill three self-defined goals.
- Participate in performance review/feedback session with section manager.