Sr. Business Process Analyst
Senior Business Process Analyst, Data Governance
The ideal candidate will be able to apply their in-depth knowledge of business process and data mapping to reverse engineer existing Acelity processes for managing customer, product, and other data domains with the goal of identifying short- and long-term process improvements. Improvements may be defined as speed, quality, resource usage, or elimination of steps. The candidate will leverage their experience in continuous process improvement to develop an in-depth knowledge of Acelity processes and use that knowledge to work with stakeholders on creating and implementing process and system enhancements. Driven by curiosity and a passion for making work more efficient, the ideal candidate thrives in situations where they can apply problem solving know-how to understanding current state and to driving a better, more efficient and effective future state for the business. The candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Responsible for analyzing complex processes and possess intermediate to advanced skills in process documentation. In addition to the technical skills, the candidate must be able to effectively communicate (via verbal, written and visualization means) process insights to internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Reports to Director, Data Governance
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Act as an internal consulting resource for business partners and cross-functional projects in identifying, analyzing, mapping, and documenting business processes targeted as creating, maintaining, and processing Acelity data assets.
- Drive alignment between business processes and Data Governance rules.
- Perform in-depth, unstructured analysis on Acelity business processes and the related data assets to understand the workflow, data collection, data use, and resource usage.
- Work with the MDM and enterprise architecture teams to define how the process can be improved by leveraging existing and new technologies.
- Perform root cause analysis on business process errors and inefficiencies to determine the source, process, or person generating the issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify interdependencies across processes and teams and how improvements can be made without disrupting order fulfillment, payment, and commissions.
- Leverage the Acelity Total Quality Management (TQM) process to take a weakness-based approach that drives continuous improvement.
- Develop a close collaboration with business and IT partners to strengthen alignment between technology and process.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related major; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience working with end-users and key stakeholders in business process improvement roles
- Advanced process mapping skills with the ability to reverse engineer processes including data inputs and outputs to drive continuous improvements
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with executives and other internal stakeholders, catering to various levels of analytical proficiency
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Results oriented: Attention to detail, organized, and able to multi-task on multiple initiatives
- Intense curiosity and passion for business process improvement
- Experience with Master Data Management (MDM) business processes/systems and data analytics preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Office-based position
- 10-20% within US (field visits and meetings)