Sr. Manager Global Desktop Services
Senior Manager, Global Desktop Services
ORGANIZATION: Acelity DEPARTMENT: IT Customer Service REPORTS TO: Sr Director, IT Customer Service
STATUS: JOB CODE: (from Workday; created by HR) UPDATED: 11/9/17
The purpose of the Senior Manager, Global Desktop Services is to oversee the processes and delivery of a Service Provider team of technical support professionals delivering end-user and helpdesk support. This position will be involved in the negotiation of contracts for Project and upgrade execution in the desktop environment. Will also serve as an ITIL/ITSM Process Owner for areas in the Service Operation area including Service Request/Catalog, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Event/Major Incident Management (MIM). This position has frequent contact with regional senior business leadership, customers, direct reports, peers, and independent vendors. The role is responsible for the delivery of IT desktop and helpdesk services for the organization’s entire end user population.
Principle Responsibilities (essential job duties and responsibilities):
- Oversee the operations of a global, follow the sun Service Provider Support team including review/approval of processes and work instructions for incoming requests, and ensuring all work orders for hardware and software installations are handled in a timely manner.
- Oversee a contracted Service Provider responsible to establish and maintain process and procedure to manage global IT software and hardware inventory. That develops and manages logistics around the assignment, repair, and replacement of IT assets for new and existing employees to include loaner equipment as required. That also ensures accurate tracking of all end-user IT equipment
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor Acelity End-User Support personnel in areas of desktop engineering and SLT support related to support and troubleshooting of end-user systems, specifically hardware platforms and software applications; this includes implementation and utilization of hardware and software for all Acelity locations within specified region of responsibility. As well as overseeing identification, analysis, testing, recommendation, and implementation of new/emerging technologies and desktop Images within the end-user computing environment.
- Oversee a performance measurement framework and facilitate a feedback system for Service Provider teams on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills to enhance the quality of support delivered on an ongoing basis.
- Act as Process Owner for assigned ITIL/ITSM areas of Service Operations including Service Request/Catalog, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Event/Major Incident Management (MIM). This includes the review and approval of processes, work instructions, and Metrics reporting performed by assigned Service Provider personnel.
- Participate in all IT projects as required; work with application development and infrastructure teams to understand project timelines, deliverables, and impact to the end-user computing environment.
- Work closely with Service Partner management personnel to ensure alignment on all developing issues and coordination of knowledge transfer for all related support activities. Review/Approve Knowledge Management articles for areas and processes of responsibility.
- Act as first point of Acelity management escalation for all business units globally for customer issues around end user and desktop support performance. Meet regularly with Acelity IT leadership in partnership with Service Provider management personnel to provide updates on Service Delivery metrics and outstanding issues; identify, analyze, document, recommend, and implement areas for services provided in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Act as first point of contact for Service Provider management escalation for all assigned support area teams. Meet with IT Leadership as required to drive Acelity responses to escalated issues impacting Service Providers’ ability to deliver contracted services.
- On call availability 24x7 for all issues related IT Customer Service for supported systems and applications.
- ITIL/ITSM process knowledge
- Global IT experience operating with multiple locations and time zones
- Experience working in an outsourced IT environment coordinating work through a Service Provider
- Familiarity with contract and vendor management processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical verbiage to a non-technical audience
- Experience evaluating and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to anticipate and identify potential issues for consideration and raise them in a clear and concise manner along with recommendations for potential solutions
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and be an ambassador to the IT community
- Ability to work with multiple cultures
- Excellent technical, organizational and management skills
- 10 years in IT with 5 or more years in a management/leadership capacity
- ITIL/ITSM and/or Process improvement training or certifications
- 2 plus years End user computing strategy/deployment experience
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experienceThe information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor