Insurance Verification Specialist
Determine primary and secondary payers, verify benefits and eligibility and seek authorization for services for all new VAC orders by contacting insurance companies as well as patients. Inform patients of possible co-pay responsibility and determining financial impact upon the patient.
1. Regular, punctual attendance.
2. Have working knowledge of the following computer programs:
- Microsoft Word-fundamental
- Microsoft Excel-fundamental
- Microsoft Access-fundamental
- Microsoft Outlook-fundamental
- Billing programs-fundamental
3. Promptly respond to all written communications.
4. Promptly respond to all phone calls, voicemails and e-mail.
5. Ability to verify primary/secondary payer protocol and seek pre-authorizations as required.
6. Ability to meet daily production goals as directed by management.
7. Demonstrate the skills needed to ensure exceptional customer service to maximize a positive experience for patients, providers and fellow co-workers.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of accurate account information to produce prompt payer reimbursement.
9. Develop and maintain knowledge of individual payer billing and authorization requirements.
10. Develop and maintain knowledge of reasons why third party may pay prime.
11. Attend all Insurance Verification Team meetings, as required.
12. Understand their role and impact they have in the departmental team; including exhibiting positive attitudes, willingness to help wherever asked, staying focused and on task to the matter at hand, and being part of the success of your team.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Effective Communication Skills
3. PC Skills
4. Working 10-key and/or keyboarding skills
5. Proficiency in general office duties
6. Ability to prioritize
7. Attention to detail
8. Ability to enter data accurately
9. Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
10. Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships
11. Demonstrate willingness and ability to participate in, and complete, all required training programs
12. Ability to work effectively and exercise sound business judgment in a team environment, as well as independently
13. Demonstrate flexibility in work shift to meet department needs
14. Demonstrate ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive service-oriented attitude Perform duties in an accurate and complete manner evaluated and validate via quality assurance assessment
15. 6 months relevant work experience
16. Ability to perform constant data entry and phone work
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment contract or agreement. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Six months medical office experience preferred.
- Excellent telephone customer service skills
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Willingness and ability to participate in all required training programs
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
This position reports to Insurance Verification Lead and Collections Department Manager
Working conditions are typical of a general office environment. May require long periods of sitting or standing. Overtime may be required as deemed necessary by business objectives.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor