Lead Contract Analyst
Job Summary: Responsible for contract lifecycle management of material contracts including contract authoring, negotiation support, implementation oversight, issue resolution, and renewal management. Provides technical expertise to peers and reviews work performed by peers for accuracy and thoroughness. Builds consensus with cross-functional departments to manage complex contract management issues for the US business. Communicates frequently with Sr. Leadership, Sales, Legal, Finance, Compliance and other internal stakeholder teams to drive revenue and profitability growth through sound contracting principles and practices. Serves as key contributor in developing contracting tactics and strategies.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Drafts and redlines contract language for customer pricing agreements; approves exceptions within predefined criteria; makes informed business decisions on the appropriate contracting strategy; and provides insightful business rationale for language modifications.
- Performs peer review of material contracts and provides feedback and/or corrections as needed.
- Consults with senior-level Sales business partners on negotiations strategy; develops outside-the-box solutions for and compromises with customers; and at times participates directly in customer negotiations
- Researches pertinent information to help develop business case for deal and contract modification, as required, to facilitiate business partnership between Sales and Offer Development teams
- Partners with cross-functional business teams in developing contract templates for customer pricing agreements
- Develops contract implementation plan to: (i) address internal system processing implications and requirements; (ii) document contract summaries; (iii) implement data and tracking elements within confines of contract management system; (iv) communicate key contract information to executive leadership and key business stakeholders; and (v) lead contract execution meetings with impacted business stakeholders
- Utilizes sound business judgment to manage time and resources and to identify opportunities for improving contract development and execution processes in order to deliver accurate and timely results in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Identifies critical pre and post-execution contractual issues and escalates them to the appropriate business or legal partners to mitigate, reduce, and eliminate risks for the US business; drives cross-functional team discussions to build consensus and implements the necessary resolution of such issues
- Ensures that all contract provisions are consistent with company standards and policies
- Provides management with insightful observations and suggestions for improvement
- Participates in or leads various researching and reporting projects for executive leadership
- Assists in contract management aspects: amendments, milestones, compliance reviews, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in business, healthcare, pre-law or related field
• Five years of professional experience in a mid to large corporate or legal environment to include drafting and redlining of contracts and/or proposals
• Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, including Executive Management, while conveying a positive service-oriented attitude
• Ability to build key relationships with team members across the organization and develop an informal network of internal consultants
• Possess strong analytical, project management and leadership skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
• Demonstrated ability in providing clear, actionable business direction and insight
• Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize work, while maintaining attention to detail is critical
• Meaningful experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel & Outlook
• Attorney highly preferred
• Experience with collaborating with healthcare Sales team
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor