Global Product Labeling (Engineering) Intern
Engagement with the Global Product Labeling team on various initiatives (see Principle Responsibilities below). Internship offers the right candidate a window into the regulated world of medical device labeling including graphic design, technical writing, editing & proofreading and data base management.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Assist GPL Specialist & Tech Writer in the management of an intranet database of approved artwork by converting Adobe In-Design & Illustrator files of into low res PDF files and apply appropriate security settings.
- To the right candidate, this position will offer technical writing/graphic design opportunities under the direction of one or more of our Technical Writers. Use of Adobe In-& Design, Illustrator and Photoshop is required.
- Position will also include proofreading of labeling material for accurate use of grammar, style, content and compliance with established department standards, procedures and checklists. More specifically:
- Will correct any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors in original copy
- Will review translated material for accuracy re: trade names and trade dress, order of languages and language inclusion
- Ability to work in a regulated environment and follow a variety of global regulatory standards
- Knowledge of grammar styles including one or more of the following: Chicago Manual of Style, AMA Manual of Style, or the AP Stylebook
Skills and Experiences:
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate majoring in English, Graphic Design, Communication or Journalism preferred
- Completed Sophomore year
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite in a MAC environment required
- Experience with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Good written and oral skills
- A high level of skill in written English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Good interpersonal skills
- A scrupulous approach to detailed work
- Ability to stay focused with repetitive work
- Ability to work longer hours when needed due to critical project timelines
- Junior year or later undergraduate
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: KCI and LifeCell, Acelity Companies, are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. VEVRAA Federal ContractorThe information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor