Global Commodity Manager
Title: Global Commodity Manager
Reports to: Director, Global Sourcing
Purpose of Job:
Acelity’s Manufacturing division is seeking a Commodity Manager to meet the needs of the Global Sourcing organization. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing plans for the ongoing Supply management of a commodity at the lowest total cost and greatest overall value to Acelity. Global Sourcing partners with suppliers to best meet Acelity’s business goals by establishing, and maintaining, a supply base that can deliver the right material, to the right place, at the right time, at a fair total cost and fit for purpose.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages multi-million dollar commercial relationships between the supply base and Acelity’s Manufacturing division to ensure supply is available for the manufacture of products that support over $1.3b in revenue.
- Supports Acelity Manufacturing’s 98.5% weekly finished goods in-stock rate through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, MSAs and periodic business reviews with key suppliers.
- Manages and implements strategic sourcing plans for a given commodity in support of on-going operations.
- Manages and negotiates contractual relationships to ensure business requirements are met.
- Develops Early Supplier Involvement Programs to drive lower acquisition costs, improve quality and reduce supply chain complexity.
- Coordinates and administers reviews of new supplier contract agreements, assesses the performance of key suppliers and develops supplier improvement plans to support the continued focus on delivering improved value.
- Works with other key stakeholders within Acelity (Internal Manufacturing, External Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, Finance, Engineering, Regulatory, R&D, Compliance and Marketing) in various cross-functional team environments to develop and execute strategic business opportunities and resolve tactical situations in a manner that benefits Acelity.
- Manage / support processes/events for the group as needed/assigned e.g. monthly PPV reporting, monthly SBR Schedule reporting, monthly S&OP reporting & participation, semi-annual Supplier Matrix reporting, annual standard setting, annual Supplier Day, semi-annual supplier risk assessments, semi-annual Sourcing team off-sites, component obsolescence/end of life management, etc
- Analyzes data effectively to identify opportunities and drive decisions
- Participates in the Make vs Buy process, as needed.
- Ensures compliance across the supply base as applicable (e.g. BAA/TAA, RoHS, C-TPAT, Dodd-Frank, REACH, etc)
New Product Development (NPD) Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary liaison between R&D and the supply base (new or existing) from quote to qualification and ramp to commercialization (NPD Phase Gate Process).
- Conducts supplier identification, evaluation and selection activities to support new product/manufacturing needs and ensure qualified sources of supply are selected.
- Leads RFx (Request for Quote/Proposal/Information) process during new raw material/component/sub-assembly selection.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual relationships to support new product needs: Confidentiality Agreements (CDAs), Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs), Joint Development Agreements (JDAs) and Master Supply Agreements (MSAs).
Supplier Management Responsibilities:
- Manages overall Supply Risk within the assigned commodity.
- Responsible for regular communication with assigned suppliers & sharing of relevant information with key stakeholders (e.g. Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, etc.)
- Develops a fact-based market intelligence matrix on specific commodities.
- Conducts business reviews with key suppliers to drive TCO opportunities and improve supplier performance.
Cost Reduction, Working Capital and Manufacturing Support Responsibilities:
- Works with strategic suppliers to reduce costs, lead times and overall agility within the supply chain.
- Establishes payment terms with suppliers in support of AWT financial policies.
- Supports Supply Chain inventory targets through supplier negotiations.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in purchasing management. Sourcing/supplier/commodity management of multiple suppliers, negotiating contracts and developing alternate/second-source supply base.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a demonstrated track record of achieving significant savings (total cost reductions) on an annual basis.
- Experience in developing supplier relationships including establishing and maintaining contracts.
- Demonstrated negotiation, diplomacy, and a collaborative/integrative style of working to accomplish objectives.
- Has medical device technical knowledge and ability to comprehend complex items related to customer, category and equipment specifications, contract terms and conditions, statements of work, engineering drawings and material specifications.
- Ability to analyze data in order to effectively drive decisions
- Procurement experience in a government-regulated environment.
- Experience with MS Office products: Excel, Word, Power Point and Access
- Travel requirements (international and domestic): between 10% to 20%
- Masters degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field.
- Six Sigma/Lean certification.
- Professional certification (CPSM, CSCP, CPM, CPIM).
- Experience in medical devices.
- Experience in a deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle software program or similar database system and Business Objects software program.