Product Quality Specialist
Product Quality Analyst
Field Service Operations
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Service Operations
FT or PT: FT
Updated: July 16, 2018
Job Summary: The Product Quality Specialist will serve as the primary Field Service representative on multi-functional product development teams in matters related to Service Product Quality. This role is responsible for working effectively with indivduals at various levels and from different parts of the organization to drive continuous improvement and provide guidance for the most appropriate methods for product improvement.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Serve as Product Quality lead on multi-functional product development teams in matters relating to Field Service.
- Facilitate the inclusion of DFS principles during new product design and development processes and for maintaining existing products in the Service portfolio
- Work with Project Managers, technical leads, and engineers to identify, resolve or escalate product issues.
- Proactively plan, anticipate project needs and support the execution path.
- Effectively communicate with various levels of the organization through presentations and meetings.
- Communicate timing of deliverables, milestones, weekly status, recaps and action items.
- Collect and verify data to support the identification of root cause routine problems.
- Identify and recommend policy, management, procedural, process and system improvements that balance risk and reward.
- Work with stakeholders to develop systems, processes and solutions with the intent to develop management of assets lifecycle.
- Provide recommendations and implement process and procedural improvements through research of best practices and effective presentation of information, plans and proposals.
- Assist in thorough investigation of quality issues and effective corrective and/or preventive action.
- Identify areas of opportunity for improved customer experiences through the evaluation of available post-market customer data and trending of complaint data.
Skills and Experiences:
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail, organized, and able to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders at all level of an organization.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Continuous Improvement
- Driving Execution
- Facilitating Change
- Customer First
- A Will To Win
- One Acelity
- 3+ years professional level experience in manufacturing, field services or related.
- Proven process improvement understanding
- Ability to communicate and partner effectively with employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and successfully work on multiple projects at a time
- Proficient computer skills knowledge with systems such as but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of US and Canadian policy & procedures for Medical Device Design and Distribution.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience with multi-site management.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field of study or equivalent knowledge/skills, preferably in business, logistics, and/or field service operations.