Safety and Compliance Analyst
Safety and Compliance Analyst
Field Service Operations
Sr. Manager, Service Operations
FT or PT: FT
Updated: July 16, 2018
Job Summary: The individual in this position is responsible for recommendation and implementation of policies and procedures that protect employees from hazardous work methods, environments and practices in North America Field Service. Reviews and updates policies and procedures ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements governing the distribution, maintenance and reporting of medical equipment. Develops a positive safety and compliance culture, drives continuous improvement and provides technical guidance to achieve regulatory compliance.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Inspire a culture of safety and compliance as key to corporate values and future success.
- Design and promote a “Safety & Complaince First” mentality by providing educational information, sharing accurate and informative data, conducting safety and compliance committee meetings and business reviews.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining driver safety awareness programs along with vehicle loss prevention programs that support the Field Service organization.
- Lead risk evaluations of existing processes, procedures, operating areas, equipment and for new investments.
- Drive continuous improvement by giving timely feedback regarding safety and compliance suggestions, and visibly supporting the safety and compliance programs.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting safety and accident metrics to senior management and regulatory entities, including, but not limited to corporate, provincial, federal and state programs such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environment Canada (EC), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Lead investigations and audits of Field Service locations and processes at the federal, provincial and state & local levels involving OSHA, EPA and other equivalents.
- Provide leadership and guidance to management in the areas of employee health and safety including compliance by tracking, reporting, and analyzing internal and external audits and customer escalations.
- Participate with Service Operations Manager in the development of the financial budget in support of safety associated programs and materials
- Provide timely resolutions to safety and compliance issues by defining the problem, determining root cause, establishing action plans and priorities, and providing technical assistance.
- Oversee and conduct safety and compliance training programs for employees.
Skills and Experiences:
- Technical knowledge of Health and Safety practices, procedures and techniques.
- Experience conducting safety and compliance assessments with an ability to recognize onsite risk factors and take appropriate action.
- Attention to detail, organized, and able to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives
- Excellent communication skills with executives and other internal stakeholders, cater to various levels of safety and compliance knowledge
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
- Safety Leadership
- Continuous Improvement
- Driving Execution
- Customer First
- A Will To Win
- One Acelity
- 3+ years professional EHS working experience in manufacturing, fields services or related area.
- Proficient computer skills knowledge with systems such as but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of US and Canadian policy & procedures at federal, state and provincial levels.
- Experience in project management.
- Professional designations such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS), Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM), or Certified Governmental Safety Officer (CGSO).
- Familiarity with medical device products.
- Experience with remote and multi-site organizational oversite.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field of study or equivalent knowledge/skills, preferably in occupational health & safety administration and compliance.