District Manager- Field Service Operations
This position is responsible for leading the tactical operations for a multi-state territory and driving excellence in customer service. While ensuring execution of departmental and company objectives, the position is responsible for establishing & maintaining partnerships and collaboration with cross-functional departments. Responsibilities also include the leadership and development of direct team members and their subordinate organizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees frontline management of daily operations of the field service teams to support commercial activities within assigned territory
- Serves as primary contact with regional sales leadership & corporate support teams and for service issues in high profile accounts and systems
- Proactively manages customer relationships
- Drives passion for the customer and Acelity’s product offering
- Ensures recruitment and hiring of appropriate team members to achieve organizational objectives
- Provides leadership and supports development of field service team members
- Ensures consistent and reliable field service performance in line with customer expectations across assigned territory. Empowers teams to provide solutions that drive customer satisfaction and improvement in the customer experience
- Evaluates distribution network resources and recommends appropriate adjustments of network to meet commercial and business objectives
- Ensures a fully compliant distribution network through leading adherence to internal policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements. Maintains knowledge of local, state and national regulatory requirements and recommends changes to protocols as required
- Ownership of territory financial results. Monitors profit and loss statements of service center operations through review and analysis of operations and related accounting data. Proactively institutes management initiatives to ensure productivity and cost controls. Approves expenses as required
- Provides details to support functions on recommended changes in policies, protocols and procedures in support of achieving commercial objectives and maintaining regulatory compliance
- Identifies, addresses and escalates market trends and intelligence as appropriate.
Creates and communicates performance impacts, action plans and business reviews with Acelity’s field service senior leadership.
Conforms to, supports and enforces Company policies and procedures
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum 8 years service-related, distribution or operations experience.
- Minimum 6 years management experience that includes multiple locations and/or a remote workforce.
- Mid-level proficiency in MicroSoft office applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OutLook
- Ability to learn proprietary software systems
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentational skills
- Demonstrated ability to clarify and manage customer expectations
- Demonstrated success in employee coaching, development and training
- Demonstrated use and interpretation of operational metrics
- Strong business acumen; ability to comprehend big picture and connections to tactical actions
- Demonstrate ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business dealings
- Demonstrated ability to present a positive image of Acelity through adherence to account protocols and presentation of professional behavior at all times
- Ability to travel by air or vehicle to attend business related functions, including nights and weekends if necessary
- Minimum 3 years of multi-location management
- MBA or equivalent preferred