VMO Senior Analyst
The VMO SPECIALIST assists our KCI in contract management ensuring that the Service Provider delivers the outsourced services in accordance with the terms and conditions, service levels, and pricing provisions of the IT Master Services Agreement between KCI and Service Provider. The VMO SPECIALIST supports KCI in interpreting the contract language, creating a contract baseline cost analysis, proposal reviews, agreement of business requirements, deliverables and obligations tracking, status reports on proposals and contract amendments, administrative tracking of amendments and correspondence with the Service Provider.
The VMO SPECIALIST coordinates KCI’S’s cross functional teams and Service Provider’s staff as needed in the execution of the role.
The VMO SPECIALIST reports to the KCI’S VMO Director.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience Qualifications
Contract management process skills; ability to work with KCIs and Service Providers to ensure effective operations
- Specific experience in managing contract administration aspects of outsourcing transactions, project coordination and governance processes
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience (7+ years) 3rd party relationships
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and monitoring processes
- Proven influencing skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders
- Knowledge of KCI’s business environment, service requirements and culture
• Paralegal Cerrtification or similar experience is required. At least seven years of experience in Contract Management and/or Vendor Management.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science degree, legal or in a technical or scientific field preferred.
• Demonstrates proficiency with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, MS-Outlook.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists KCI’s Procurement team in contract administration by providing support in interpreting contract language and analyzing contract baseline costs; develops and maintains a working knowledge of Service Provider contract obligations acting as a coordination point for KCI as needed
- Provides primary support for contract administration processes including performing reviews of proposals, reporting contract amendment status, tracking administrative contract amendments, and maintaining correspondence control
Contract Change Management
• Assists KCI’s Contract Manager in contract change management by providing support for contract amendments, monitoring, tracking, executing and reporting status of contract changes, clarifying and tracking any verbal contract change agreements, and monitoring any unauthorized contract changes
Contract Issue Management
• Provides primary support to KCI personnel for contract issue management identification and upfront resolution of potential issues including monitoring and escalating key Service Provider-related issues to Governance Committees
• Assists KCI’s Contract Manager in monitoring the status of open issues, engaging the governance committee to review issues and provide direction for issue resolution
Contract Dispute Resolution
• Assists KCI’s Contract Manager in managing dispute resolution through formal dispute resolution channels by reviewing the contract and developing the calendar, determining documents and notice requirements, notifying and working through informal dispute resolution, supporting the dispute resolution procedure, and preparing for and executing through final dispute resolution; also may assist in establishing such channels where necessary
Service Provider Audit
• Assists KCI’s Contract Manager in Service Provider audit functions including identifying audit areas in Agreement, planning audits for contract year, providing notice of intent to perform audit, monitoring the conduct of audits and reporting audit outcomes
• Assists KCI’s Contract Manager in governance library functions including creating the governance library, gathering materials for governance library and maintaining the governance library
Other Contract Management
• Supports delivery of contract management services to KCI by participating as required in governance meetings; providing contract management-related tracking, measurement and dashboard consolidations; liaising with KCI financial team for financial reporting matters; coordinating involvement of KCI legal counsel as directed; managing contract deliverables & obligations, developing and executing on a supplier score card; monitoring and seeking ways to improve team efficiency, effectiveness and impact; recording ideas for improving processes and procedures; and interacting with and directing day-to-day operations of the KCI’S contract management offshore resources via their local manager