Project Manager, PMO Portfolio Management
The role will be instrumental in daily operations and ongoing improvement of the Innovation PMO. The Project Manager provides leadership, coordination, and management to the IPMO Proejct and Portfolio Management practice including process/methods/toolset improvements, establishment of Portfolio Management best practices, and governance. The Project Manager serves as a change agent for continuous improvement, through partnership with the Innovation Leaders, Portfolio owners, Franchise Leadership, Project Manager community, and other key stakeholders within Acelity.
The Poject Manager, collaborating with IPMO team and various Innovation Leaders, develop and maintain the Portfolio Plan of Record, track portfolio status, project compliance, and resource allocation. You will lead the development and documentation of standards and processes in the areas of Project, Program, Portfolio, Resource, Time and Demand management, and may independently drive various other improvements initiatives for the ongoing development of the IPMO. He/She will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of Portfolio/Resource Management tools, developing and delivering training, end user support, and assistance with work flow. Provides technical expertise for all users in the areas of account creation, problem resolution, report development, and user training. Creates and administers projects under each organization; creates and administers custom fields and performs the uploading, administration, documentation, tracking, and reporting functions to manage the NPD workflow processes and deliverables.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Portfolio Management Operations
- Manage the day to day operations of the Portfolio Management Process.
- Manage the Identification, Prioritization and Selection of projects within the Portfolio.
- Facilitate operations meetings and project checkpoints including: new initiative reviews, project status, compliance reporting, project closure.
- Assist IPMO and Innovation Leaders in developing, reviewing project set up, estimates, and staffing models.
- Assist Portfolio Owners and project teams in assessing resource needs and sourcing resources.
- Responsible for coordinating portfolio management reports. Ensures project control systems are in place and integrates project and portfolio management data for decision makers. Organizes and publishes project-related reports.
- Assists in financial analysis, including changes in actual performance, variance analysis and control and ad hoc analysis as required.
- PMO Tools
- Own PPM and collaboration tools such as (Tempus, SharePoint, etc.) to track and analyze project portfolio, financials, milestones and status.
- Serve as the data custodian; Ensures data integrity within the Portfolio Management tool through regular portfolio reviews and stakeholder discussions
- Server as primary contact and support resource for users of the Portfolio Management office tools.
- Process Improvement
- Design, develop and implement portfolio and program management processes, standards. Communicates and drives the adoption and alignment of standards, policies and procedures established by the IPMO. Manage the NPD Stage Gate methodologies and library of templates.
- Management metric definition and reporting. Leads the development of formal methodologies for defining and measuring project/portfolio key performance metrics.
- Targets PMO/Portfolio/PM process improvement opportunities and partners with stakeholders to solution and coordinate deployment of these process improvements across geographies and work streams.
Skills and Experiences:
- Knowledge of project portfolio management, project management and other related disciplines
- Prior experience working with PPM tools such as Clarity PPM, HP PPM, Changepoint, Planview or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders from across the organization collaboratively and constructively
- Proficiency with Windows, MS Office Suite, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint
- Initiative and ability to be a self-starter
- Customer service oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Self starter
- Drive for results
- Customer First
- A Will To Win
- One Acelity
- 5-10 years experience working in a Project/Portfolio Mgmt. Office
- Ability to organize efforts independently and make timely and effective decisions based on business needs
- Demonstrate ability to work closely and comfortably with senior level executives on a routine basis
- BS degree in business, information systems, or a related field or equivalent work experience.