Wound Care Representative
TERRITORY: Portland OR (includes Seattle WA, Shasta CA)
The role of the Wound Care Representative (WCR) is to meet and exceed sales goals by advancing our wound care portfolio with an emphasis on Advanced Wound Dressings and CelluTome. Market segments responsible for include; Hospitals, Wound Care Centers, and Government, who focus on Wound Management. Additional responsibility includes CelluTome in the WCCs commensurate with company policy and sales direction. The WCR is required to understand and demonstrate appropriate clinical application of our products to physicians and wound care providers. The WCR handles customer product questions and objections in a way that is consistent with sales training methodology. Additionally, the WCR executes the selling cycle in a manner that is concise, professional, ethical and persuasive and leads the customer to action. Responsibility includes generating leads for the V.A.C. to the Acelity counterparts. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this role is the primary driver of Advanced Wound Dressings and CelluTome within strategic metropolitan cities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Collaboration with Acelity counterparts
- Present product features and benefits to clinical call points utilizing effective sales techniques.
- Meet and exceed assigned quota and sales objectives.
- Effective customer needs assessment and solution development
- Effective sales process execution to include new business opportunities, lead generation, and competitive account conversions.
- Effective management of sales pipeline. Document opportunities and closed business.
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and understand contract implementation and key GPO awards to effectively differentiate Systagenix and our product portfolio.
- In- service accounts by demonstrating products and applications for use.
- Maintain and increase penetration in existing accounts through effective territory management.
- Thorough knowledge and utilization of salesforce.com
- Prepare, maintain and update a business plan for the territory.
- Account Planning & Management (including pre and post call planning) Customer calls in-person required 4 days a week minimum.
- Attend in-house training, sales meetings, conventions, trade shows as required.
- Complete all administrative duties including required sales reports requested by management and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining up to date records and medical credentials required by the hospitals in the territory.
- Timely communication with marketing, customer service and other internal personnel.
- Follow company policy regarding timely submission and/or reporting of any customer complaints.
- Attend conventions
- Complete informational studies for marketing
- Assist corporate staff who are traveling in field
IV. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
(Minimum qualifications for the position)
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S) from a four- year college or university. Minimum of 5 years of documented outside sales success with the most recent being 2 years in medical sales required.
- Advanced Wound Care experience in the Acute Care Market and Wound Care Clinics preferred.
- Must live and have experience selling in the assigned territory; exceptions may be made for specific territories at the discretion of the company
- Evidence of top sales achievement with experience in multilevel account management required.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to travel domestically and within assigned region often involving overnight stays.
- Ability to analyze sales reports and data to develop business plans and to create effective strategies to increase sales and meet sales forecasts within the territory
- Consultative selling and closing skills
- The ability to build consultative relationships with advanced practice clinicians (physicians, NP’s, nurses), supply chain partners and end users to influence product choice decisions
- Clear ability to work with a diverse range of customers
- Demonstrated ability to promote concepts and ideas to create customer demand; excellent presentation skills and ability to engage audiences
- Superior presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude, high integrity and ethical standards
- Initiating and Driving Action – a proactive individual who takes initiative and works independently, drives action by taking responsibility for tasks, projects, and people
- Working Together – works collaboratively within and across teams, builds strong relationships, promotes team spirit, understands perspectives and motivations of others, communicates effectively, listens, consults others and recognizes the contributions of others
- Acting with Integrity – acts ethically at all times, shows respect for others, encourages corporate and individual responsibility, and models Systagenix values (We care, We lead with integrity, We deliver)
- Innovating and Improving – Looks for opportunities to improve processes, contributes to change initiatives
- Driving for Results - demonstrates a sense of urgency and commitment to the customer and their needs, sets high standards of quality and productivity, systematic and organized, consistently achieves goals
- Embracing Change – enthusiastically adapts to changing situations and accepts new challenges and initiatives, adapts style to suit audience, deals effectively with ambiguity and maximizes opportunities presented by it
- Thinking Commercially – monitors competitive intelligence, demonstrates financial awareness, identifies business opportunities for the organization, and identifies ways to add value
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires the ability to hear and talk, walk, stand, sit, stoop, or kneel, occasionally lift and/or move 20-25 pounds and may require sitting for long periods of time using computer. Vision requirements include close and distance vision, ability to adjust focus. For driving, peripheral vision and depth perception are required. The noise level in the environment is generally moderate and may be loud during auto or air travel.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor