Field Service Trainer I
This position is responsible for the implementation of technical, process/procedure and customer service training in support of the North American Field Service teams. The Training Specialist works closely with Field Service leadership to assess training needs for new and existing employees. This individual works in the Service Operations Training Department to identify gaps, develop tools, schedule training and assist with evaluation of individual competencies. Responsibilities also include assisting with development, implementation and ongoing review of training materials to including new hire and supplemental.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Provides product, process and technical systems training for Field Service teams including new hire and ongoing training.
- Responsible for assisting with instructional design to include using electronic and virtual media.
- Creates and publishes training videos to support the distributed workforce model.
- Facilitates onsite classroom training as required and makes recommendations and improvements to Field Service training.
- Supports Field Service for product and process questions.
- Supports the ongoing management of the company learning management system.
- Coordinates new hire training activities including travel arrangements, classroom setup, printing of materials, and updating training materials.
- Provides customer training as requested.
- Conforms to, supports and enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management.
Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts to assess training needs with the goal of creating content that meets the customer’s needs.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate training in various settings.
- Demonstrated organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to be a team player with effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to learn proprietary software.
- Ability to travel by air or vehicle at 25%.
- Building Talent
- Continuous Learning
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Positive Approach
- Customer First
- A Will To Win
- One Acelity
- Previous experience in formal or informal training development and facilitation.
- Previous experience in medical device industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability to create training content using appropriate media (PowerPoint, Video, Webinar, etc.).
- Ability to develop training materials using a variety of instructional design methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field of study or equivalent knowledge/skills, preferably in instructional design, e-learning, and/or adult education.