HR Business Partner I
The HR Business Partner I position is responsible for performing human resource related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior human resource partners in supporting designated client groups in the Acelity organization. The position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, compensation, employee data management, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Manage various human resource plans and procedures ensuring consistent implementation of established company policy through the Acelity business.
- Work with assigned business partner team members to develop and deploy all aspects of effective workforce planning, talent pipeline requirements, employee development and talent acquisition to meet business unit talent needs.
- Collaborate on and deploy programs to understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction.
- Coordinates updates and conducts audits in the HR management system to ensure data accuracy of all employee records.
- In coordination with line managers, facilitate annual human resources processes including performance management, talent/succession planning and compensation reviews.
- Provide day to day performance management support and guidance to managers on management, coaching, career development, disciplinary actions and employee relations.
- Identify and analyze employee relations matters and recommend appropriate employment action to maintain a productive work environment and achieve optimal performance.
- Prepare and analyze human resources key performance indicators and analytics to determine key trends and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyzes exit data, and produces summary reports and trending analysis.
- Maintain current knowledge of standards and legislation related to day to day management of employees, reducing employment legal risks and ensuring compliance.
- Communicates the needs of managers related to the HR Centers of Excellence (Comp, Benefits, Recruiting, Development); works with HR Directors and COE's to implement and deploy solutions.
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices in the industry and across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
Skills and Experiences:
- Demonstrated capacity to skillfully communicate with all levels of employees, influence outcomes and establish credibility as a HR professional.
- Entry level business acumen and experience setting and executing objectives are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee investigative processes and coaching management through employee relations, disciplinary actions or performance issues.
- Proven track record and strong consultation skills in a client facing role, including the ability to challenge and influence leaders to align people processes and practices with business objectives.
- Strong partnering skills with demonstrated knowledge of managing within the law and applying human resource best practices to business needs.
- Ability to lead processes to effect change and increase organizational effectiveness in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Earning Trust
- Managing Work
- Building Networks
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Partnerships
- Valuing Differences
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or other related program
- At least year of experience providing HR support in some capacity
- Knowledge of federal laws related to Human Resources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to include Word, PoerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Active PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience with reporting and analyzing data in Excel with the ability to build reports and charts
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to quickly interpret and analyze large amounts of information
- Ability to take initiative when given projects and work assignments and show appropriate follow through completion
- Ability to demonstrate time/project management
- Proficient with MS Office applications to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong consultation skills and proven track record in a client facing role, including the ability to challenge and influence leaders to align people processes and practices with business objectives is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Exposure to medical device, pharmaceutical healthcare or related technical industries preferred
- Masters Degree in a related field is preferred, but not required