Clinical Support Specialist
The Clinical Support Specialist champions product safety through the clinical call center that provides 24/7/365 clinical support and education to internal and external customers including nights, weekends and holidays under the leadership and direction of the Sr. Manager of Global Safety.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Provides clinical support (via e-mail or phone) to external and internal customers from all KCI products using clinical guidelines, instructions for use and any other labelling or approved materials.
- Documents all questions/calls/ requests in the appointed system(s).
- Works with Regulatory Compliance and Quality groups, to ensure that complaints and adverse events are appropriately documented to determine their reportability.
- Updates “Frequently Asked Questions” log.
- Submits timely monthly reports of team or individualy activity.
- Interacts with the Professional Affair’s group when a 1x1 is requested.
- Interacts with Medical Information and Publications to request and provide literature support for our internal or external customers.
- Evaluates the necessity of an Assumption or Risk letters according to SOPs to support pediatric or safe product use.
- Escalates issues to the Sr. Manager / Director of Safety or designee as warranted.
- Maintains personal knowledge of research, trends, and standards of care in the wound care and critical care fields.
- Supports KCI internal training, Accredited Education and Sales and Marketing groups by providing clinical expertise, knowledge and experience on all KCI products.
- High School/Secondary School/ Diploma
- Technical Degree: Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN)
Skills and Experiences:
- Incumbent is licensed to practice in their respective field without restriction or sanction.
- Minimum of 1-year wound care experience.
- Able and willing to work on call rotational shift as needed, which may include weekends and holidays.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, exercise sound judgment and elicit support and cooperation from team members
- University Degree Associate or B.S. in Nursing or other clinical science
Skills and Experiences
- Proficiency on KCI products.
- Experience working in a call center.
- Experience presenting to a group
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor