Director, Health Economics
The Director, Health Economics is responsible for developing and executing the health economic (HE) value platform for Acelity. In this role, he/she, in conjunction with various business stakeholders and clinicians, will develop and communicate evidence to support the HE value proposition for the company’s products and/or services and operationalize the organization’s ability to deliver this business critical information.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Develops and executes the HE communication plans for the company to operationalize the delivery of the value message platform, working closely with the commercial leads of the business, regional commercial heads, R&D, Clinical, Medical Education and R&D.
- Develops concise and compelling materials relevant for each stakeholder to communicate this platform for the respective business franchises; Ensures continuity of HE messages across all relevant channels including the Sales Force, Corporate Accounts, Marketing, and Medical Education.
- Leads roll-out of HE messages to the business including training and support for the Health Economics field-based team, Corporate Accounts, Sales Force and Sales Trainers.
- Supports internal constituents with health economic analyses to defend reimbursement with commercial and public payers and various external agencies (CMS, G-BA)
- Provides support in the execution of launch plans for commercialization of product launches with respect to HE
- Sources and maintains HE data sets and collaborate with HE teams globally to leverage and transform messaging for use across markets
- Monitor, analyze, and influence health care policy to ensure policy environment supports medical innovation (HTA, ICD-10, Value-Based Bundled Payments)
- Develop and provide training and education programs on reimbursement, value drivers, and health policy issues to internal personnel and may provide training and education to sales force, health care providers and hospital administrators.
- Develops sustainable strategic relationships with professional societies, medical associations, advocacy groups, thought leaders and trade groups to provide leadership and focus in areas of mutual interest such as physician reimbursement, treatment guidelines, coverage and payment for products/therapies, etc.
Skills and Experiences:
- Ideally experienced working with clinical development, regulatory and competitive dynamics.
- Desirable, marketing experience (direct/indirect) in developing and launching products.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in the development of marketing messaging and programs and/or communicating complex information.
- Understanding of clinical study designs and ability to identify relevant clinical and economic evidence to decision-makers and payers
- Analytically oriented and experienced in pulling out salient messages from data and published literature
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-based setting is required
- Solid business and project management skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Highly analytical with a desire to complete commercial and clinical foresenics to help define relevant HE components of the brand value proposition
- Ability to design financial and analytical models to support the franchise value propositions
- Demonstrates high level of emotional intelligence and self awareness
- Can reach across organizational boundaries effortlessly. Highly persuasive and passionate about health economics and the impact it can have on an organization while simultaneously respectful of other people’s opinions
- A high sense of urgency and ability to balance multiple priorities
- A can-do attitude and an ability to manage variable but at times heavy work load
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in medical device and/or provider/payer organizations.
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills to develop innovative approaches for demonstrating value
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong understanding of U.S. reimbursement and value drivers across care settings
- Professional demeanor and ability to work across all company functions.
- Probes beyond the stated situation to identify underlying issues and consider possible alternatives.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and is able to work with members of various departments to accomplish tasks efficiently.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in written format.
- Has advanced presentation and facilitation skills and a proven ability to connect.
- Effectively manages change and multiple priorities.
- Operates independently and efficiently to achieve results.
- BS/BA in a relevant field (advanced degree preferred) and proven track record in healthcare economics/policy in medical deice, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, payer, or hospital setting
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor