Professional Affairs Manager
The Professional Affairs Manager position: (i) manages targeted Key Opinion Leader (KOL), advocate and professional medical societies & organization (PMSO) relationships; (ii) drives increased awareness of the clinical and economic benefits of KCI's products and therapies at a high level with the tools and activities developed and implemented by KCI; (iii) contributes to the KCI businesses through the development and execution of programs and activities to support KCI's businesses in the safe and effective use of KCI's products and therapies; (iv) develops and manages information in databases, financial & reporting systems; (v) initiates activities and solutions to help drive business; (vi) actively supports new product launches in various ways as part of a multi-functional team; and, (vii) interfaces with all levels of KCI's business management.
- Identifies, establishes, utilizes and maintains constructive relationships with KOLs, Advocates, Lead Innovators and professional medical societies and organizations (PMSO) in areas that support KCI's products and therapies in alignment with overall corporate goals, strategies and initiatives.
- Works closely with departments such as MPIR, GCD, R&D, HCC, Global and Regional Marketing, and International areas to support the ongoing national educational and scientific efforts in the safe and effective use of KCI's products and therapies.
- Serves as an information resource and consultative colleague to top level academic physicians and researchers by providing the latest medical information and collaborating on projects in the best interest of KCI.
- Leads the development of, and manages information in databases, systems, and relationships with 3rd party entities involved with PA.
- Ensures timely payment of honoraria and grants according to KCI guidelines to HCPs, PMSO, and 3rd parties primarily for consulting and educational activities.
- Oversees and performs other compliant operational duties & processes as assigned such as establishing Fair Market Value for all contracted KCI HCPs, initiating and timely implementation of consulting contracts and tracking, initiating and monitoring peer-reviewed abstracts, case studies, manuscripts, supplements and articles with KOLs and Advocates, developing & implementing national CME educational symposia, educational grant management, and / or other high profile, high risk activities related to the roles within PA.
- Responsible for effectively managing a portion of the PA budget and budgeting process to fulfill department and corporate financial responsibilities.
- In collaboration with other departments (i.e.: Innovation teams, MIPR, GCD, Marketing, R&D, HE&R) helps set strategic direction to achieve PA and corporate objectives.
- Identifies, develops and cultivates current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at local, regional and national levels.
- Identifies new high level speakers in multiple medical specialties.
- Deploys business strategy and strategic plans with targeted KOLs, Advocates, and PMSO.
- Serves as a PA resource expert throughout the Company to departments such as R&D, Marketing, Concept, and Global Clinical Development.
- Utilizes HCPs to increase general therapy awareness in the continuum of wound care, particularly of KCI products.
- Works collaboratively, interdepartmentally, and across business units to accomplish PA goals organizing various HCPs related to launch activities such as Customer Preference Testing (CPT).
- Participates in any and all reasonable work activities, as may be deemed suitable and assigned by PA management.
- Conforms to and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Approximately 25% domestic travel to conferences and meetings to accomplish Manager's role in PA.
- Works effectively on teams; provides expertise and the ability to develop productive working relationships with external clinicians.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the health care field, specifically in orthopedics.
- 2-3 years of experience interacting with surgeons, physicians, researchers, and KOLs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Should have excellent written, verbal, communication and leadership skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge of OIG, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and AdvaMed compliance guidelines.
- BSN or advanced degree preferred, but not required.
- 1-3 years product and program management experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry, specifically in orthopedics.
- Scientific, Clinical, or Medical affairs experience preferred.
- Potential for limited International travel.
- Bi-lingual ability to speak and read a second language.