Enterprise Security Architect
Job Summary: This role works closely with other team members, engineering teams, and project managers in order to establish current and future state hardware and software security architectures across multiple technologies and then insures that the technology solutions being implemented are engineered in accordance with these architectures. To perform this role the IT Security Architect needs to maintain broad and deep technical skills in multiple technical domains where security applies, such as cloud, server, storage, database, desktop, and network infrastructure. This role also demands strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead complex technical decision making as well as maintain complex technical documentation.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Develop roadmaps that define the future state security architecture and recommend where and when work will be done to evolve to this future state.
- Participate in the selection of hardware and software products and participate in the planning for which features get implemented on what timeline.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies for the purpose of evaluating and recommending those that will increase performance, reliability, cost effectiveness, infrastructure flexibility or otherwise provide value to our business.
- Develop and document reference architectures and associated standards to be used as a basis for technology selection and implementation.
- Establish security risk assessment frameworks for existing and new systems and work with compliance teams to asses risk.
- Engage with the application delivery teams to integrate enterprise security technologies into solutions and services from design, static source analysis, test methodologies and penetration test strategies.
- Participate in annual technology planning to identify where technology investments are needed and where technical architectures need updating.
- Participate in application or infrastructure implementation projects to insure the design conforms to the technical architecture and standards, and modify or extend the technical architecture when it is necessary to accommodate project needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with technology vendors, business partners and delivery teams.
Skills and Experiences:
- Proven success on projects with large-scale deployments.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments, based on objective analysis, consolatation and evidence.
- Business acumen and the ability understand the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to calculate and analyse data for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal presentation skills, strong data-based, analytical and reasoning skills, sound decision-making and organizational ability.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 15 plus years of experience conceiving, architecting, engineering, and administering security technology in a distributed environment with capabilities in at least 5 of the following IT disciplines and technologies:
Security architecture, infrastructure architecture, identity and access, encryption technology, perimeter security, network, middleware, desktop, storage, relational databases, layered software services like system monitoring, scheduling and backup/recovery, application development, disaster recovery, servers (Windows and Unix platforms), enterprise voice and collaboration, and virtualization technologies.
- Solid understanding of IP-based network architecture and contemporary virtualization technologies. Network certification a plus.
- Knowledge of TOGAF and certification a plus.
- Understanding of application life-cycle management methodology is preferred. Agile a plus.
- Knowledge of architecture concepts, industry standards, and best practices.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting and having the ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives.
- Familiarity or training in ITIL methodology and practices.
- A team player, with an ability to collaborate efficiently to achieve team goals.
- A process-oriented individual, with strong project management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured, dynamic organization.
- Recognized as a leader able to inspire and motivate others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction; skilled in the analysis and definition of organization goals and objectives, direction setting and the interpretation of goals into specific tasks.
- Must demonstrate a strong track record of delivering results.
- Must be an analytical individual who questions why things are done and applies intelligence to resolve issues.
- This will be an “achiever” personality with a start-up mentality who strives to resolve issues and roadblocks and meet goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps own direction to succeed.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Will value people and will build a collaborative environment that promotes teamwork.
- Must have outstanding communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work through influence with an apolitical style.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values, impeccable integrity
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.