Healthcare Intake Specialist II
• Analyze and prioritize work list based on departmental inflows and to minimize pre-billing write offs.
• Quality check of initial order release to ensure third party payer and coverage criteria is met
• Verify third party payer benefits and eligibility for subsequent rental cycles (online or telephonically).
• Prepares clean claim for billing.
• Review and analyze payer specific requirements and coverage criteria to determine required documentation and accurate billing criteria.
• Conduct in depth review of clinical documentation (medical records, prescriptions, operative reports, history and physicals) based on billing criteria.
• Call customer or field personnel to obtain missing documentation required for billing. Could include home health agencies, patients, hospital/facilities, physicians.
• Build support and maintain patient, physician, and third party payer loyalty and to increase the number of orders through enhanced customer services, customer relationship management, and technology utilization.
• Provides a high level of customer service in a competitive market.
• Acts as a resource for Sales and other cross functional departments to provide billing status and any other information.
• Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management.
• Conforms to, supports and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and email.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Satisfactory completion of all training programs.
• Internal candidates maintain quarterly averages of 3 or higher.
• Two or more years of related healthcare experience.
• Call center experience.
• Some college course work completed.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor