Healthcare Intake Specialist
Title: Healthcare Intake Specialist
Department: 0084F O.F.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Healthcare Intake Specialist position qualifies orders for placement based on payers requirements. Acts as the liaison between customer, KCI, and third party payer to ensure the order meets regulatory and payer requirements. Obtain and analyze required documentation for shipping of product and billing of claims.
- Analyze and prioritize orders based on initial assessment of documentation and customer outreach.
- Verify third party payer benefits and eligibility (online or telephonically).
- Review and analyze payer specific requirements and coverage criteria to determine required documentation and accurate billing criteria.
- Conduct in depth review of clinical documentation (medical records, prescriptions, operative reports, history and physicals) based on billing criteria.
- Call customer or field personnel to obtain missing documentation required for placement and/or billing. Could include home health agencies, patients, hospital/facilities, physicians.
- Contact patient to coordinate delivery of product. Communicate patient’s financial responsibility and any special instructions.
- Follow-up post delivery to obtain any additional documentation to support billing criteria.
- Prioritizes and executes based on customer and/or business urgency.
- Provides a high level of customer service in a competitive market.
- Acts as a resource for Sales and other cross functional departments to provide order status and any other information.
- Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management.
- Conforms to, supports and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
- Build support and maintain patient, physician, and third party payer loyalty and to increase the number of orders through enhanced customer services, customer relationship management, and technology utilization.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and email.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as well as, independently.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory completion of all training programs.
- Two or more years of related healthcare experience.
- Call Center experience
- Some college course work completed
Requires repetitive keyboarding over 95% of the time and phone usage 60% of the time.
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor