Sr. Manager Infrastructure Systems - Unified Communications
Job Description – Unified Communications Infrastructure Manager III
Unified Communications Infrastructure Manager III
The Unified Communications Infrastructure Manager’s role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall delivery to ensure the building and implementation of the organization’s IT communications infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas, particularly Telecommunications, Email, Video/Web Conferencing, Chat and Mobility. If you have a proven track record of successfully implementing technical solutions which improve the way companies communicate and collaborate, then we would like to speak to you.
Strategy & Planning
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. Often heads one or more departments.
- Identify, direct and manage 3rd party vendors as required to meet project demands.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project delivery.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the architecture team and represents organization on specific projects.
- Provides input on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Interprets and administers policies, processes and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate work units.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific services.
- Ensure adherence to governance oversight as defined by Change Management, Release Management, Security and Compliance.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Develops budgets schedules and performance standards for near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications. Leads briefings and technical meetings of internal and external representatives.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component and license inventory and related documentation.
- Monitors budgets and operational effectiveness, develops strategies for adjusted courses of action and develops new techniques to support innovative solutions and removes barriers to change.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of server and storage analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Manage Level III break fix support for critical incidents.
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science or 9+ years equivalent work experience.
- Certification in Six Sigma, ITIL v3
Knowledge & Experience
- 6-9 years experience with BA or 4-7 years with MA managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and infrastructure delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- 6-9 years successful leadership of an infrastructure team.
- Hands-on experience developing a Unified Communications Platform Strategy
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company
- A successful candidates will have experience in developing and implementing a Unified Communications platform used to simplify the way Acelity employees work and communicate.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.