Unified Communication & Collaboration Engineer (Lead)
The role of the UCCE Engineer focuses on deploying fully designed, architected complex UCCE and contact center solutions. In this role you will be the primary subject Matter Expert working exclusively with the architecture and project management teams in deploying global unified communications systems over their life cycles. The UCCE Engineer bridges the boundaries between architecting and operations by managing the development and deployment of Unified Communications & Collaboration systems.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
Strategy & Planning
• Build and deploy architected solutions based on business objectives in a professional manner.
• Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
• Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
• Collaborate with design team and assist in identifying system data, hardware, or software components required to meet business and user requirements.
• Ensure projects are completed according to project plans.
• Understand business and user needs and expectation for system function.
• Provide interim and completion project reports.
• Responsible for overall deployment of technologies associated with inbound / outbound call traffic to Call Center to Acelity global business units.
• Manage P1 and P2 operational issues that are escalated to Level 4.
• Cisco UCCE, IPIVR scripting & call routing is a primary responsibility.
• Conduct design meetings with remote telecommunication liaisons, vendors & business owners for any upgrade / changes on an on-going basis.
• Familiarize self with company's business, business goals & telephony strategies.
• Works with business users to determine call flow & call center requirements, solutions, reporting & systems enhancements.
• Documents corporate & remote branch call flow configurations & call flow charts.
• Evaluates & recommends new products & concepts for call center activity.
• Mentors & trains remote telecommunication liaisons in call center technology & applications.
• Participates in strategic & tactical planning of complex voice networks with an emphasis on call center solutions.
• Works within guidelines, technological strategic goals & other I.T. policies & procedures.
• Remains abreast of emerging technical issues affecting call center environments currently employed by company.
• Work with Team Leaders to make recommendations relating to Practice Methodologies & Tools.
• Occasional travel to regional offices is required.
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
• On-call availability as required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Skills and Experiences:
• Cisco ICM Enterprise deployment experience.
• Cisco IP Dialer development experience.
• Cisco Unity deployment & support experience.
• CISCO CVP Application deployment experience.
• ICM Enterprise script, design, deployment experience.
• H.323, SIP and / or MGCP integration experience with UCCE Solutions.
• Capable of leading design sessions, installing ICM / UCCE, developing call flows, compose technical documentation & mentoring other team members.
• Knowledge of T1s, PRI-ISDN T1s, DIDs, ISDN, DSL, POTS.
• Experience with different protocols such as: TCP / IP, ICMP, UDP, SNMP, SMTP, BGP & OSPF.
• CCNP level understanding of routing & switching is also required.
• Ability to envision non-typical solutions & practical migration strategies.
• Must have past hands-on VoIP roll out project experience.
• Some working knowledge of other traditional telephony / telecom system is also a must.
• Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to travel to remote locations nationwide.
• Available to work extended hours and / or weekends on short notice.
• Work as a productive member of Unified Communications Development team.
• Able to handle pressure situations & proficiency in multitasking.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Access.
• 10 years of experience in a large scale telephony environment with a BA or 8 years with MA delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
• 5 years experience of working in a Call Center environment required.
• 5 years of applicable CTI experience
• 5 years experience in working in Cisco Enterprise Collaboration environments required (Jabber/Webex/Telepresense/Conferencing)
• Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP-Voice) certification required and passage of CCIE is desired.
• Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer sciences or 15 years equivalent work experience.
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor