Brand Management, Director (Cost of Quality)
Brand Management, Director (Cost of Quality)
This position is responsible for the co-creation and execution of a global life cycle management plan for our durable NPWT products. This position requires strong cross functional collaboration, customer focus, data-based decision making and analytical capabilities. Responsibilities include: Defining the LCM plan for new and existing durable products globally, including hardware, software, and parts; creating and embedding new processes to improve end to end life cycle strategy and planning; sharing best practices and learnings across supply chain/manufacturing, CTS, sustaining engineering and franchises; and measurement of cost of quality initiatives with customers and bottom line impact.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Develop the LCM strategy and execution plan for NPWT products resulting in YoY cost reductions and increases in customer experience as measured by NPS
- Define long and short term tactical projects through analysis of complaints, field service costs, sustaining engineering, and manufacturing plans
- Collaborate and communicate end of useful life plans including service, spare parts and warranties globally
- Act as a technical product expert to analyze complaint, customer, service and cost data to help reduce product downtime and field service occurrences
- Create and embed new processes and project management capability across the organization, by documenting different phases of LCM
- Link customer inputs and new product development and design to optimize customer satisfaction and product efficiency
- Establish best practices from design review through post market surveillance to deliver robust customer and patient IFUs
- Include product efficiency goals into review of project plans and product testing
- Act as a technical product SME to provide inputs to product design changes and associated validations to reduce and eliminate product downtime and field service events prior to launch
- Provide input to rework and scrap policies and procedures
- Employ varied management and planning tools to address failure analysis and problem solving techniques supported by analytics and data
- Perform field visits to gather customer feedback and input on LCM decisions
- Create a forum for best practice sharing and collaboration across the organization
- Ensure robust post market surveillance collaboration across franchises and sustaining engineering
- Partner with supply chain and suppliers to implement changes that impact new product development though post launch
- Collaborate on internal and external audits
- Survey the external environment to support global changes in regulations and requirements
- Results focused
- Sharing responsibility
- Project Management/Process Orientation
- Cultivating networks and partnerships
- Leading change
- Strategic influence
- Leading teams
- A minimum of 15+ years of progressive product development, project management, service or supply chain experience preferably in the medical device field.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration in a large-scale, matrixed, global structure.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire people to embrace change.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive and contribute to overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing/changing environment.
- Broad business and financial understanding to drive decisions that impact customer satisfaction while creating efficiencies for the organization.
- Skill in examining operations and procedures, formulating new proceesses, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to make decisions and operate independently with respect to complex issues and business requirements with a high degree of exposure.
- Competence in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong results/goal orientation.
- Preference for industry related experience and/or Fortune 500 company experience
- Knowledge of global medical device product development, regulatory and quality regulations
- Proven track record with implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited college or university
- Advanced degree/MBA preferred
Skills and Experiences:
- Experience in product development, project management and / or supply chain
- Experience with lifecycle management and portfolio management
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience with six sigma or equivalent management planning tools
- Experience with lifecycle management and portfolio management.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams to achieve common goals.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- An undergraduate degree required with an MBA preferred
- A minimum of 15+ years of progressive product development, project management, technical services or supply chain experience across:
- Capital equipment including purchase, leasing and/or rental business models
- Software development including tracking multiple revisions
- Disposable / consumable components
- Experience working in a cross functional matrix required
- A demonstrated track record of success required
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead without direct authority required
- Ability to travel domestic and international up to 40% of the time