Field Service Representative I
Acelity is seeking a self motivated and first-class communicator for a Field Services Representative opportunity. This position is directly responsible for serving the needs of our healthcare clients, inclusive of the delivery, pickup and maintenance of cutting edge medical device equipment. The Field Service Representative will interface with Acelity customers on a daily basis and is responsible for building, cultivating and maintaining superior customer relationships.
Further responsibilities include performing and assisting in maintaining inventory of products, parts, disposables and supplies. Additional Field Service Representative responsibilities include the cleaning, processing and quality control of medical device equipment, general housekeeping of facility and loading and unloading of equipment in company vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interacts with customers to include patients and hospital staff on a regular basis.
- Provides superior customer service with customer centric solutions
- Prepares medical device equipment, disposables and documentation for delivery.
- Cleans, disinfects and performs quality control checks on medical device equipment.
- Performs inventory on assets, parts, disposables and supplies. Locates missing & misplaced equipment as needed.
- Processes documentation for delivery and pickup of products.
- Order management to include timely closing of orders on computer or other company issued equipment.
- Maintains vehicle appearance and ensures routine maintenance is completed and recorded as required by policy & procedure.
- Loads & unloads medical equipment.
- Performs basic troubleshooting.
- Assists with process training when applicable.
- Performs basic housekeeping duties within facility.
- Responsible for following work and safety instructions.
- Conforms to and supports Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent education required.
- 2+ years of work experience in service related field required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and pass MVR review.
- Ability to work non-traditional work schedule, which may include extended hours including evenings, weekends and participate in on-call duties.
- Ability to travel by commercial air service to attend training and other scheduled business functions.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position through fitness testing as required in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- A self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships.