Supervisor, Contract Administration
JOB TITLE: Supervisor, Contract Administration
REPORTS TO: Manager of Customer Contracts Group
Oversees the day-to-day activities of Contract Administration team. Provides leaderships, establishes goals, evaluates, and assists with hiring department personnel. Ensures all personnel are fully trained in the established procedures for contract administration processes. Provides management with regular reports on department performance and makes recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Oversees the setup of customer accounts, account relationships, pricing, and group affiliation.
- Responsible for properly executing, monitoring, and maintaining all standard contracts; includes National and Group Purchasing Organization contracts.
- Evaluates and reviews Oracle database on a continuing basis to ensure contract compliance.
- Develops and distributes reports on contract deviations and pricing deviations.
- Manages Facility State Licensure Process as defined by Compliance Department
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve system issues relating to customer master; including pricing.
- Identify procedural, policy or software changes and take steps to implement those changes.
- Creates and monitors order and billing exception reports and makes recommendations according to KCI contract policy.
- Coordinates and leads meetings with Accounts Receivable Management, National Contact Center, Finance, Marketing, IT, and Sales Teams to develop implementation strategies to accommodate customer/contract requirements for administration, billing, and collection of customer accounts.
- Develop methods and tools to ensure the smooth integration of contract requirements within Oracle database.
- Escalates non-standard billing, pricing, or set up of contracts to senior management.
- Analyzes performance metrics to identify trends and create strategies to drive continous improvement of processes, systems, workflow, etc.
- Monitor daily performance of contract administration team; coach and counsel as necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in any special projects to include, but not be limited to, procedural or technology changes.
- Act as a contact person for customer and field personnel for pricing or contract issues.
- Monitor department performance on key performance indicators and communicates progress to management.
- Establish and maintain adequate controls for the protection of assets and processes within Accounts Receivable to ensure compliance with internal and external audit standards, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Prepare annual performance evaluations and make recommendations for salary increases and position changes.
- Participate in any and all reasonable work activities as assigned and deemed appropriate by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or 2 years leadership experience with Accounts Receivable and Contract Management knowledge.
- The position must work effectively with executive management when the need arises to escalate important and broad business issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze complex contracts.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of contract, order, and billing processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in both verbal and written formats. PC skills; including strong spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent telephone customer service skills
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to participate in all required training programs
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships
Oracle A/R, Pricing and OE Experience..The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor