Clinical Documentation Specialist
The Centralized Clinical Documentation Specialist is a telephonic position responsible for collecting wound assessments as needed in order to submit for re-authorization of V.A.C. ® Therapy from insurance companies. The role must secure information about wound progression for patients on V.A.C. ® Therapy and the needed documentation that allows for Acelity to be paid for their services.
- Collect wound assessments based on payer requirements
- Assess wound progression for patients on V.A.C. ® Therapy
- Develop and manage customer relationships creating loyalty with Clinical Providers
- Collaborate with other KCI team members to provide continuity of care, resolving higher level account management issues, and communicating physician call support
- Effectively using business and clinical data in accordance with KCI policies
- Meet weekly/monthly/quarterly activity expectation based on past due percentages, aged doc count percentages, and average of assessment submissions
SECONDARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (15% of time-weekly time frame):
- Identifying additional wounds with designated Post Acute Clinical Providers
- Providing clinical support and education to Post Acute Clinical Providers
- Minimum 1 year of experience making outbound calls to customers.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a medical environment allowing for familiarity in medical terminology
- Proficient experience with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and multiple priorities
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and efficiently, without supervision
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with customers, employees and business contacts, while conveying a positive service oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in all business dealings
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, eliciting support and cooperation from co-workers
- Ability to engage in self-appraisal and continuous learning
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Experience with a medical insurance company
Requires repetitive keyboarding over 95% of the time and phone usage 80% of the time.
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor