Social Media Content Manager
Acelity is seeking an experienced social media content manager who can develop and manage the process for creating, curate, tracking and measuring content for Acelity’s corporate social media channels, primarily Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and GlassDoor. The successful candidate will ideate, create, and optimize written, pictorial and video content for deployment on Acelity channels. He or she must have or build a deep subject matter expertise, display strong project management skills, master the art of telling data-driven stories, and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
This is a new position within a growing team, and this candidate will need to be comfortable with both managing content and executing tactics while working.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research and benchmarking to maintain across platforms.
- Ideate, research, fact-check, create, augment, write, edit, track and/or evaluate accurate, relevant, meaningful and engaging content for multiple digital channels. Post all content (copy, imagery, infographics, and video) as well.
- Maintain content editorial calendars for distribution internally and externally. Includes working with key internal and external stakeholders to determine how products, promotions, events, campaigns, and initiatives can be best supported and tracked by the digital team.
- Manage paid social campaigns, including content creation/curation, audience targeting and budget optimization.
- Manage both internal and external partners to align with Acelity style, voice, brand and themes to ensure a consistent brand experience for our audience.
- Manage process and timelines inclusive of working with Design team for image development and securing all necessary internal approvals. Familiarity with healthcare industry regulations and requirements preferred.
- Suggest new topics to cover and continue to improve upon existing content in order to stay current. Monitor breaking news and industry trends for new content marketing opportunities.
- Conduct social media channel reviews and provide regular results reports
- Push the business to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content, including championing increased use of data visualization.
Skills and Experiences
- Proven experience in challenging the status quo, thinking differently and challenging cultural norms with diplomacy
- Strong professional maturity and great communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of the business (Samples may be requested)
- Demonstrated ability to tell data driven-stories, including communicating complex analytical, medical and technical issues in an approachable way (Samples may be requested)
- Experience driving senior business leaders to adopt desired content creation processes
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of social media content development experience – preferably in healthcare, life sciences or other regulated industries
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with an emphasis in communications, journalism, marketing or biology
- Strong project management skills, effectively prioritizing workload to focus on the highest value activities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to successfully partner with teammates located around the world