Acelity is seeking an experienced content creator who can write and direct the production of original content to build brand awareness, support digital campaigns, and fuel sales initiatives. The successful candidate will need to have or build a deep subject matter expertise, display strong project management skills, master the art of telling data-driven stories, work effectively with busy business leaders and experts and help other marketers and business leaders embrace innovative content formats.
- Conceptualize, write and deliver short- and long form content outputs, including campaign emails, infographics, social media posts, short articles, website landing pages and whitepapers
- Create and maintain assets to support sales conversations, including overview decks, product information sheets and talking points
- Build and manage editorial calendars across multiple content formats and multiple practice areas to ensure the business has a strong content pipeline at all times to support key objectives.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to pitch, solicit, refine and approve content pieces, including hosting regular content ideation session, conducting one-on-one and group interviews and gathering timely feedback on content items
- Work with marketing leaders, product managers and sales leaders to understand growth goals, key selling points, and salient themes in the market to ensure new content is compelling, insightful and aligned with business objectives.
- Partner with marketing colleagues in communications, design, demand generation, events and web development roles to deliver high-quality content in a timely manner across multiple channels.
- Define, monitor and report on content-related metrics, including email open rates, page visits, search engine optimization and time on site, among others.
- Push the business to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels, including championing increased use of data visualization.
Skills and Experiences
- Proven experience in challenging the status quo, thinking differently and challenging cultural norms with diplomacy
- Strong professional maturity and great communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of the business (Samples may be requested)
- Demonstrated ability to tell data driven-stories, including communicating complex analytical, medical and technical issues in an approachable way (Samples may be requested)
- Experience driving senior business leaders to adopt desired content creation processes
- Minimum of 3 years of content marketing or journalism experience – preferably in healthcare, life sciences or technology
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with an emphasis in communications, journalism, marketing or biology
- Strong project management skills, effectively prioritizing workload to focus on the highest value activities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to successfully partner with teammates located around the world