Manager, Public Relations
Acelity is seeking an experienced, ambitious and focused public relations professional to play a pivotal role in building awareness of our company and its mission. The Manager of Public Relations is responsible for creating, managing and supporting public relations programs across Acelity’s corporate functions. This role will report to the Director of Corporate Communications and partner with functional leaders to develop and execute external communication strategies, plans and materials to raise the external profile of Acelity.
- Develop, manage and successfully implement public relations plans that drive awareness across all customer segments, including support for the commercial and innovation priorities of Acelity
- Develop and leverage relationships with MedTech, healthcare, technology, business and vertical trade media in the US and Europe.
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges.
- Help manage external public relations agencies on strategy and day-to-day matters.
- Lead social media strategy on behalf of the organization.
- Develop and implement content strategy on behalf of the organization.
- Upgrade and manage Acelity’s online newsroom.
- Assist in issues management and crisis communication response.
- Develop materials to educate departments of the role of public relations and provide PR training as needed.
- Prepare internal stakeholders with media coaching and cohesive messaging.
Skills and Experiences
- Proven experience in challenging the status quo, thinking differently and challenging cultural norms with diplomacy
- Results-oriented professional capable of managing digital content with experience collaborating with IT teams and agencies to define modern, highly engaging digital experiences.
- Exceptional communicator with outstanding oral, written, editing and presentation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, who is agile and comfortable working in an environment where priorities can change quickly
- A ‘big-picture’ thinker, with the ability to provide timely, strategic and tactical guidance to teammates and cross-functional business partners
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant public relations experience – preferably in healthcare, life sciences, or medical device companies
- Experience driving awareness for healthcare, life sciences or medical device companies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong project management skills, effectively prioritizing workload to focus on the highest value activities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills