Sr. Manager, Sustaining Engineering
The Senior Manager, Sustaining Engineering is responsible for the direct and indirect management of KCI's global R&D electrical, Electronics and software engineering staff including engineers, computer scientists, and PCB designers.
- Optimizes & co-ordinates staff allocation to projects, ensure staff are engaged efficiently and effectively on projects; resolve resource conflicts.
- Improves the overall KCI technical capability of department. Investigate emerging fields of study, assess KCI's technical needs & staff aptitudes, identify gaps and resolve through recruitment, staff development, and outsourcing as appropriate.
- Generates and forecasts budgets for monthly expense tracking and reporting to manage within approved dept budget targets.
- Provides technical oversight and review for development projects to ensure optimal designs are being conceived and implemented. Ensure technical design reviews for technical functions are conducted. Provide management reporting of all issues related to project technical performance. Act as technical mentor and design authority to engineering staff and project managers.
- Ensures that the COE technical output meets and exceeds the quality and design requirements, together with delivery to the specified schedule. Support projects such that design & schedule requirements are met, and the final output meets the expected quality and user needs.
- Identifies and manages technology readiness projects to prepare emerging technologies for future incorporation in KCI products. Serves as technical lead or contributor on appropriate projects.
- Identifies recruits and retains talent. Develop Provide technical and career development guidance to staff.
Position Qualification Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree
- At least 8 years of Engineering design & development experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Other Position Qualifications
In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the following other position qualifications are required:
- At least 5 years of Medical Device Development including development manufacture
- Experience with optimizing & co-ordinating staff allocation to projects
- Experience with electrical and software engineering design and development activities, particularly in their application to embedded computer system design & development.
- Experience with investigating emerging fields of study, identifying gaps and resolving through recruitment, staff development, and outsourcing
- Experience with generating and forecasting budgets
- Experience with control system theory and practice.
- Experience with power system design, sensors and signal conditioning practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, simultaneous and technically complex projects from inception to successful completion.
- Ability to communicate to senior & middle management, peers and subordinates, having a variety of cross functional background including communication of highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
In addition to the basic qualifications and other required qualifications listed above, the following preferred qualifications also exist:
- Advanced degree in Electrical, Computer or other appropriate engineering field.
- IEEE or other appropriate professional association membership.
The information listed in this Position Description Guide is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This Position Description Guide is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this position guide at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor