Director, Sales Operations
Responsible for managing Sales Operations organization in support of the US & Canada markets; supports and manages the impact of all commercial initiatives on the Sales organization across acute and post-acute care settings; develops strategy and tactics for sales force deployment, compensation programs and performance measurement; internal consultant, subject matter expert and strategic partner of the Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT and Supply Chain organizations; primary internal business partner to the Sales organization with a focus on supporting Sales management and their efforts to achieve annual objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the sales operations organization responsible for incentive compensation, sales force design, quota, performance metrics and other commercial business analysis.
- Leads process with sales management to evaluate sales force roles, sales force structure, sales force sizing, sales process and customer call points and makes recommendations
- Delivers sales force structure changes, territory alignments and quota development
- Directs the development and implementation of field sales compensation and incentive programs and partners with accounting on proper accruals and payment to sales reps. Owns the performance of the incentive compensation and rewards programs
- Identifies and implements solutions to optimize sales force efficiency and effectiveness and delivers recommendations to senior management.
- Owns the development of technical strategies in support of sales force operations and efficiency. Leads their team in the design and implementation of technical solutions. Maintains current sales data management systems and coordinates training as needed.
- Partners with Commercial Reporting to ensure accuracy and consistent communications to the sales organization regarding performance to compensation plans, and overall commercial performance.
- Bachelors Degree required in Finance, Analytics, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in the medical device or related life science industry (example: pharma, biotech)
- Minimum of five (5) years working in and/or leading a sales operations team
- Led sales compensation development and administration for large sales workforce
- Led sales force deployment strategy and implementation with experience utilizing territory planning software applications
- Strong experience in overseeing business intelligence/analytics processes with demonstrated understanding of database and system architecture
- Strong leadership, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated success in communicating to and influencing senior management
- Demonstrated ability to partner with sales team to find customer focused solutions
- Advanced Excel and Access skills with ability to model complex business scenarios
- Experience with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- MBA or equivalent Masters Degree preferred
- Experience with acute (hospitals) and post-acute (skilled nursing facilities, wound care clinics, home healthcare) channels
- Experience with distributor tracings
- OBIEE, Business Objects or other enterprise reporting solution
- Salesforce.com power user
Sales management experienceThe information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor