Repair Technician II
Job Summary: The Repair Technician II is responsible for:
- Performing device repairs, upgrades, retrofits, preventive maintenance on internal (Acelity owned) and external customers medical VAC equipment.
- Executing quality control procedures for all repaired VAC devices prior to releasing them back to the customer.
- Providing technical support, over the telephone, for customers, sales force, and third party maintenance providers.
- Providing technical VAC device repair support to Acelity engineering
- Providing technical VAC device repair training support to internal and external customers in collaboration with Technical Service Center (TSC) repair engineer.
- Performing component level repair supporting favorable cost of repair (CPR) goals for TSC.
- Performing salvaging device and component projects supporting business goals.
- Conduct and support VAC device and component repair post testing training of contingent team and repair technician I.
- Serves as escalation point for exceptions to component and complex repairs for repair technician I.
- Perform hardware, software upgrades.
- Lead Best Practice discussions for overall department technical improvement.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Ensure VAC devices, component parts, to be repaired, refurbished, and salvaged are processed per quality controlled and reference only procedures.
- Test, diagnose and execute repairs, upgrades, retrofits and preventive maintenance on Acelity and customer owned devices.
- Rework, repair, and/or replace cable assemblies, wire harnesses, ribbon cables, cord sets, etc where applicable.
- Replace and or repair where applicable defective circuit boards and provide support for the upload, download of software firmware for device/s being repaired. Supports limited printed circuit board repair including downloading event logs.
- Supports offline spare part cleaning and salvaging efforts.
- Reassemble units and conduct formal quality control test procedure to determine if unit is ready to ship back to customer.
- Accurate consumption of parts to RSO or work order including verification of all available parts throughout production floor for management of available inventory.
- Provides technical assistance over the telephone for customers, sales force, and third party maintenance providers.
- Assists in research and development of Acelity products.
- Assists in testing, and inspection of new products.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workspace to include bench and floor clean up.
- Monitors the condition of tools and calibrated equipment PM cycles used and notifies supervisor, designated calibration tech of any maintenance needs.
- Notify supervisory personnel of any repair difficulties or other applicable information.
- Adheres to Company safety regulations and all requirements of Job Safety Analysis and notifies supervisor of any safety problems or hazard.
Skills and Experiences:
- Demonstrates ability to utilize various tools and equipment to support repair functions.
- Managing Work
- Continuous Improvement
- Decision Making
- Quality Orientation
- Safety Focus
- Willingness to take a fitness test to determine ability to meet the physical demands of the job as outlined in the Job Safety Analysis.
- At least 18 years of age.
- At least 3 years experience in electrical assembly, soldering, troubleshooting and/or repair to include manufacturing environment or related electrical, mechanical, pneumatic experience/trade.
- Experience with MS Office applications including, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Demonstrated and achieved productivity requirements and quality standards specified by the business.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring quality of assigned tasks and corrects any deficiencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge in electrical schematic diagrams, BOMS, test procedures, and work instructions.
- Demonstrates knowledge utilizing Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts and complete assignments in required time frames.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relations.
- Ability to demonstrate skills regarding teamwork and collaboration.
- Experience with soldering iron and de-soldering equipment.
- Background in working with medical device repair and or manufacturing environment.
- Associates degree in electrical or related electrical field
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor